Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Our form changes its color after the Administer OPC UA dialog is displayed

More
20 Oct 2023 10:28 #12306 by micham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2023 10:02 #12305 by support
Hello.
This problem will be addressed in version 2023.2. Thank you for reporting it.

What happens is that Microsoft has a single global setting for the appearance of toolstrips: ToolStripManager.Renderer , learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.to...nderer?view=netframework-4.7.2 . The value of the property applies to all toolstrips in the whole application at once.

You are using one setting (the default setting), and the library we are using (Krypton) uses another setting. There is no way of having them both at the same time.

In version 2023.2, we will still set our own appearance, so during execution of the dialog, all toolstrips will change. That should not be a big deal, since the dialog is modal and while it is executing, controls outside it are not functional anyway. But we will revert the setting back when the dialog is closed, so your application will look the right way afterwards.

Best regards

More
10 Oct 2023 06:59 #12279 by support
Thank you. This has helped. I was able to reproduce the issue in a fairly minimal project now, with just the ToolStrip, and a button to invoke the OPC UA Application Administration dialog. The project is attached for record.

I will pass this information to my colleague and we will investigate. I will post here when I have more information.

Best regards

File Attachment:

File Name: zz3634.zip
File Size:17 KB
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2023 05:38 #12278 by micham
Hi,

The control is a ToolStrip. See below.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2023 18:05 #12277 by support
Thank you.

If it so, what type of control is the tall horizontal bar with icons? So that we can try to reproduce it...

Regards

More
09 Oct 2023 17:51 #12276 by micham
Hi,

This form who changes its color is a standard VB.Net 2017 form.

Thank you.

Michael

More
09 Oct 2023 13:50 #12275 by support
Hello.

You are using some UI toolkit (Infragistics), right? Please confirm.
Looks like a conflict between ours and theirs. But it should not happen, I agree. We need to investigate. I have asked my colleague to have a look at it. Will inform you if we have something, or when we need more info.

Regards

More
07 Oct 2023 09:09 #12274 by micham
Hi,

Our form changes its color after the Administer OPC UA dialog is displayed .

See the screen capture below.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds