Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browsing Exception

More
26 May 2022 15:59 #10910 by support
Replied by support on topic Browsing Exception
We are trying to prevent breaking changes, if we can.
But there are situations in which it is not possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2022 15:30 #10909 by Scattolaro
Replied by Scattolaro on topic Browsing Exception
Ok,
If I remove the lines and replace it with that you suggest it's work fine.
But Why the same code work in the before release and in new release it crash?
For me is not possible that when I update the library I need to review the old code.
Do you agree?

Thanks,
Massimo

More
25 May 2022 15:21 #10894 by support
Setting an OPC UA certificate acceptance policy specific to an endpoint is not supported, as it cannot be reliably implemented due to limitations of the underlying UA stack. You can set the certificate acceptance policy globally.

To do so, remove the lines
UACertificateAcceptancePolicy uacert = new UACertificateAcceptancePolicy();
uacert.AcceptAnyCertificate = true;
uadesc.CertificateAcceptancePolicy = uacert;
and instead, place the following before the statement with "new easyUAClient()":
EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.CertificateAcceptancePolicy.AcceptAnyCertificate = true;
Best regards

More
25 May 2022 14:48 #10893 by Scattolaro
Replied by Scattolaro on topic Browsing Exception
This below the code:

clientOPCUA = new EasyUAClient();

UAEndpointDescriptor uadesc = new UAEndpointDescriptor();
UACertificateAcceptancePolicy uacert = new UACertificateAcceptancePolicy();
uacert.AcceptAnyCertificate = true;
uadesc.CertificateAcceptancePolicy = uacert;
uadesc.UrlString = "opc.tcp://opcuaserver.com:48010";

UANodeElementCollection uaElColl = clientOPCUA.BrowseObjects(_devModel.UAEndpointDesc,UAObjectIds.Server);

As you can see I'm already going to set the CertificateAccetancePolicy.
where is the mistake?

More
25 May 2022 12:44 #10891 by support
Hello,

how do you construct your _devModel.UAEndpointDesc? Please post the relevant pieces of code here. Are you setting the CertificateAcceptancePolicy?

I think the error message says quite clearly "Setting an OPC UA certificate acceptance policy specific to an endpoint is not supported, as it cannot be reliably implemented due to limitations of the underlying UA stack. You can set the certificate acceptance policy globally." Isn't that your case?

Best regards

More
25 May 2022 12:40 #10890 by Scattolaro
When I try to browsing the dato from the OPC-UA Server whit the code below:
UANodeElementCollection uaElColl = clientOPCUA.BrowseObjects(_devModel.UAEndpointDesc,UAObjectIds.Server);

I received this exception:
Exception: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred, originating from '' and with depth of 1. The inner exception, of type "System.NotSupportedException", contains details about the problem. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Setting an OPC UA certificate acceptance policy specific to an endpoint is not supported, as it cannot be reliably implemented due to limitations of the underlying UA stack. You can set the certificate acceptance policy globally.+ Connection attempt #1; last connected at 01/01/0001 00:00:00 (local); unconnected for 00:00:00.1090000.+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'BrowseMultiple[1]'. --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna --- in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UABrowseArguments browseArguments) in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) in Qualitas.DeviceAppOPC.DataAccess.OPCserverCH.Open() in C:\Progetti\AzureDevOps\FDI-FRAMEWORK\DeviceAppOPC\DataAccess\OPCserverCH.cs:riga 463(An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred, originating from '' and with depth of 1. The inner exception, of type "System.NotSupportedException", contains details about the problem.) Trace: in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UABrowseArguments browseArguments) in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) in Qualitas.DeviceAppOPC.DataAccess.OPCserverCH.Open() in C:\Progetti\AzureDevOps\FDI-FRAMEWORK\DeviceAppOPC\DataAccess\OPCserverCH.cs:riga 463;

Why?
Can you help me please?

Thanks,
Massimo Scattolaro

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds