Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception when browsing KEPServerEX OPC UA server

More
30 Jun 2021 16:37 #9863 by micham
Hi,
It is version 6.1.601.0. See the attached screen capture.
Thank you.
Michael
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2021 15:05 #9862 by support
Hello,

which version of KEPServerEX are you running please?
Or, are there specific instructions on how to make the problem appear, besides simply expanding the nodes that you have indicated?

So far, with your configuration, I was unable to reproduce the browsing problem. I am actually running TOP Server 6.3.279.0 (this is a branding of KEPServerEX). I will install whatever version you are running, if possible.

Best regards

More
30 Jun 2021 07:24 #9859 by micham
Hi,

See the attached file.

Thanks.

Michael
Attachments:

More
30 Jun 2021 06:19 #9858 by support
Hello,

can you attach the KEPServerEX config file for the third issue please?

Best regards

More
29 Jun 2021 18:53 #9856 by micham
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

First issue: solved by the new version.

Second issue:
If I use this endpoint URL "opc.tcp://Dell-i7mike:49320" I get an error when browsing:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
+ This is a deducted base exception.
If I use this endpoint URL "opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:49320", then I am able to browse and I don't get an error.

Third issue:
I don't know if it worked with previous version. The problem is related to the number of items in the branch. See attached screen capture.
The error is "Message size 65536 bytes is too large for buffer of size 65535".
Note: I have 25,000 items in the "Functions" branch and 1,000 items in the "Channel1 > Device1" branch.
Note: When I browse to the same Kepware OPC DA server, there is no error. I am able to see all 25000 items. See attached screen capture.

To reproduce the problem, please try browsing the "Channel1 > Device1" branch using OPC UA browsing.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2021 15:25 #9853 by support
Alright, that's several issues at once; it would be better to keep those in separate forum threads next time.

First issue: The original NullReferenceException at customer's site:

I believe it will be fixed if you upgrade to the version&build I have indicated.

Second issue: {BadTcpInternalError}. An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
--> {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320.

I believe the problem is what the error says - something on your side. Port 49320 on 192.168.1.43 is not reachable.

Third issue: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: Cannot lock the OPC-UA client session because it is not available.
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'BrowseMultiple'.

- Are you saying this has worked with some earlier QuickOPC version?
- Is there a way I can reproduce it on my side - maybe with proper KepServer configuration?

(It might be configuration issue, related to message size maximums).

Best regards

More
29 Jun 2021 15:10 #9852 by micham
One more problem after the upgrade to the newer version. When I try browsing the Simulation > Functions branch I am getting an error. See below. With OPC UA Expert there is no problem browsing this folder. See the attached screen capture. Note: there are 25,000 items in this folder.

Cannot lock the OPC-UA client session because it is not available.

Exceptions

Type: OpcLabs.BaseLib.Browsing.BrowseException
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146233088 (0x80131500)
InnerException:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: Cannot lock the OPC-UA client session because it is not available.
Activity Trace:
Data:
ErrorId: OpcLabs.UAEngine=2307
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Implementation.ErrorEnhancingEasyUAClient.Processed: True
Error Code: 2307
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146232832 (0x80131600)
InnerException:
Cannot lock the OPC-UA client session because it is not available.
Source:
Stack Trace:
TargetSite:
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2021 14:57 #9851 by micham
I have upgraded to version 5.61.241.1, but the same problem persists.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320

Exceptions

Data:
HelpLink:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: UA SDK error (Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000) in 'DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints'. OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
+ The error occurred when preselecting an endpoint for discovery URL "opc.tcp://Dell-i7mike:49320".
+ Some possible causes of this error are that the OPC-UA server is not running, or is not configured to listen on the specified port. Also, the network connection may be broken (cable unplugged?).
+ The endpoint URL string used was "opc.tcp://Dell-i7mike:49320".
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'BrowseMultiple'. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
--> {BadTcpInternalError}. An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
--> {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320. ---> OpcLabs.BaseLib.Portable.CustomException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Activity Trace:
Following (7) events were gathered during the action on activity ID [24], in the order of first occurrence:
SDK trace: GetEndpoints Called. RequestHandle=1, PendingRequestCount=1
3*[10] Exception: {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException} No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
[28] Exception: {Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException} An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
Exception: {Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException} Error establishing a connection.
SDK trace: GetEndpoints Completed. RequestHandle=1, PendingRequestCount=0, StatusCode=Bad
Events starting with activity ID in [] may not necessarily be related to the current action.

Data:
ErrorId: OpcLabs.UAEngine=1
7b4d9f28-22a8-41d6-93ea-e4d8c2a75da8:
((24, 1), Opc.Ua.TraceEventArgs)
((10, 0), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((28, 0), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((24, 1), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((24, 1), Opc.Ua.TraceEventArgs)
c3c0e69e-bf8f-4bfa-8e93-816783737e55: 24
Error Code: 1
HelpLink:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
--> {BadTcpInternalError}. An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
--> {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320. ---> OpcLabs.BaseLib.Portable.CustomException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
Data: ErrorId: Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000
Help Link:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.BaseLib.Portable.CustomException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
Data: ErrorId: {027F782F1C}
HelpLink:
InnerException:
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Internal Code: 2156003328
OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
--> {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320.
Service Result: BadTcpInternalError
Additional Info:
Description: Error establishing a connection.
Inner Result: BadTcpInternalError
Additional Info:
>>> An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.OnConnectOnDemandComplete(Object state)
Description: An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
Inner Result: Bad
Additional Info:
>>> No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
--- at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpMessageSocket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult result)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.OnConnectComplete(IAsyncResult result)
Description: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
Inner Result:
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Is Null: True
Name:
Namespace Index: 0
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Status Code: Bad
Code Bits: 32768
Code Bits Symbol: Bad
Condition: 0
Flag Bits: 0
Has Data Value Info: False
Info Type: NotUsed
Internal Value: 2147483648
Is Bad: True
Is Good: False
Is Uncertain: False
Limit Info: None
Overflow: False
Semantics Changed: False
Severity: BadOrFailure
Status Info: Error
Structure Changed: False
Text: {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320.
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Name:
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Status Code: BadTcpInternalError
Code Bits: 32898
Code Bits Symbol: BadTcpInternalError
Condition: 130
Internal Value: 2156003328
Text:
{BadTcpInternalError}. An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Name:
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Text:
{BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Service Target Site: T End(Int32)
DeclaringType: Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1[T]
Module: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
Assembly: Opc.Ua.Core, Version=1.3.342.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409
CustomAttributes:
FullyQualifiedName: C:\Program Files (x86)\Control-See\EBO-OPC Client\BIN\Opc.Ua.Core.dll
MDStreamVersion: 131072
MetadataToken: 1
ModuleHandle: System.ModuleHandle
ModuleVersionId: cc819e15-c1f0-4cd1-a4cc-c7b59fd7b4d5
Name: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
ScopeName: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
Source: Opc.Ua.Core
Stack Trace:
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.EndSendRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.EndSendRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.SendRequest(IServiceRequest request)
at Opc.Ua.DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints(RequestHeader requestHeader, String endpointUrl, StringCollection localeIds, StringCollection profileUris, EndpointDescriptionCollection& endpoints)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.Sdk.ToolkitDiscoveryClient.OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.ClientServer.ISdkDiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints(String endpointUrl, StringCollection sdkProfileUris)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.Sdk.ClientUtils.<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<SelectEndpointInternal>b__2()
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.UAEngineBase.PerformSdkAction(UASdkCallType callType, Func`1 usingFunction, String name, Action sdkAction)
TargetSite:
UA SDK error (Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000) in 'DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints'. OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
+ The error occurred when preselecting an endpoint for discovery URL "opc.tcp://Dell-i7mike:49320".
+ Some possible causes of this error are that the OPC-UA server is not running, or is not configured to listen on the specified port. Also, the network connection may be broken (cable unplugged?).
Source:
Stack Trace:
== Activity Trace ==
Following (7) events were gathered during the action on activity ID [24], in the order of first occurrence:
3*[10] Exception: {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException} No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
[28] Exception: {Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException} An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
SDK trace: GetEndpoints Completed. RequestHandle=1, PendingRequestCount=0, StatusCode=Bad
Events starting with activity ID in [] may not necessarily be related to the current action.

TargetSite:
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:

Please advise.
Thank you.

Michael

More
29 Jun 2021 13:58 #9850 by micham
Hi,

I tried it on my compute. When I try item browsing I get this exception.

Thanks.
Michael

Exceptions

Data:
HelpLink:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: UA SDK error (Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000) in 'DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints'. OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'BrowseMultiple'. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Activity Trace:
Following (7) events were gathered during the action on activity ID [20], in the order of first occurrence:
3*[11] Exception: {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException} No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
[15] Exception: {Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException} An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.

Data:
ErrorId: OpcLabs.UAEngine=1
7b4d9f28-22a8-41d6-93ea-e4d8c2a75da8:
((20, 1), Opc.Ua.TraceEventArgs)
((11, 0), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((15, 0), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((20, 1), System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs)
((20, 1), Opc.Ua.TraceEventArgs)
c3c0e69e-bf8f-4bfa-8e93-816783737e55: 20
Error Code: 1
HelpLink:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Data: ErrorId: Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000
Help Link:
InnerException:
OpcLabs.BaseLib.Portable.CustomException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
Data: ErrorId: {027F782F1C}
HelpLink:
InnerException:
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Internal Code: 2156003328
OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Service Result: BadTcpInternalError
Additional Info:
Description: Error establishing a connection.
Inner Result: BadTcpInternalError
Additional Info:
>>> An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.OnConnectOnDemandComplete(Object state)
Description: An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
Inner Result: Bad
Additional Info:
>>> No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
--- at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpMessageSocket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult result)
--- at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.OnConnectComplete(IAsyncResult result)
Description: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320
Inner Result:
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Name:
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Status Code: Bad
Code Bits: 32768
Code Bits Symbol: Bad
Condition: 0
Internal Value: 2147483648
Text: {Bad}. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.43:49320.
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Name:
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Text:
{BadTcpInternalError}. An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.
Qualified Symbolic ID:
Expanded Text:
Name:
Namespace URI:
Namespace URI String:
Standard Name:
Text:
{BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Service Target Site: T End(Int32)
DeclaringType: Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1[T]
Module: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
Assembly: Opc.Ua.Core, Version=1.3.342.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409
CustomAttributes:
FullyQualifiedName: C:\Program Files (x86)\Control-See\EBO-OPC Client\BIN\Opc.Ua.Core.dll
MetadataToken: 1
ModuleHandle: System.ModuleHandle
ModuleVersionId: aff29d47-142d-4b81-b5b8-6e336f940cd7
Name: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
ScopeName: Opc.Ua.Core.dll
Source: Opc.Ua.Core
Stack Trace:
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpClientChannel.EndSendRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.EndSendRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpTransportChannel.SendRequest(IServiceRequest request)
at Opc.Ua.DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints(RequestHeader requestHeader, String endpointUrl, StringCollection localeIds, StringCollection profileUris, EndpointDescriptionCollection& endpoints)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.Sdk.ToolkitDiscoveryClient.OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.ClientServer.ISdkDiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints(String endpointUrl, StringCollection sdkProfileUris)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.Sdk.ClientUtils.<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<SelectEndpointInternal>b__2()
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.UAEngineBase.PerformSdkAction(UASdkCallType callType, Func`1 usingFunction, String name, Action sdkAction)
TargetSite:
UA SDK error (Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80820000) in 'DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints'. OPC UA service result - {BadTcpInternalError}. Error establishing a connection.
Source:
Stack Trace:
== Activity Trace ==
Following (7) events were gathered during the action on activity ID [20], in the order of first occurrence:
3*[11] Exception: {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException} No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
[15] Exception: {Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException} An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the server.

TargetSite:
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2021 13:28 #9849 by micham
Hi,

Sorry. The version is 5.60.107.1.

Regards,

Michael

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds