Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browsing tags in opcua

More
09 Jan 2019 08:56 #6963 by support
Replied by support on topic Browsing tags in opcua
Please read this:
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20for%20OPC%20UA%20Nodes.html

Quoting from that article:

You will receive back a UANodeElementCollection, which is a collection of UANodeElement objects. Each UANodeElement contains information gathered about one node that can be followed from a given node, such as its browse name, its node ID, its display name, or a type definition. The UANodeElement is convertible to UANodeDescriptor, and you can therefore pass it to methods for further browsing from that node, or to methods like Read, ReadValue, SubscribeMonitoredItem, or SubscribeDataChange.

So, you can use the 'nodeElement' variable as a second argument to further BrowseDataNodes call(s).

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sofian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 08:23 #6962 by Sofian
Replied by Sofian on topic Browsing tags in opcua
Thank you for your reply. :-)

If we are to use for example “BrowseDataNodes”, then from the example at this link:

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...sing%20for%20data%20nodes.html

You will receive a collection of nodes. How do you browse beneath (forward) one of the nodes? For instance the node with display name “Boilers”?

Thank in advance!

More
08 Jan 2019 14:29 - 08 Jan 2019 14:29 #6960 by support
Replied by support on topic Browsing tags in opcua
Hello,
examples are here:

They are for the current version.

Examples for version 5.23 will be quite similar, but they are not on the Web. If there were some (I do not not recall, and we do not officially support the old version), they are in the PDF doc that is installed with the product, and in the C# examples solution.

Best regards
Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 14:29 by support.

More
08 Jan 2019 13:58 #6959 by Sofian
Hello.

I am using opclabs quick opcua version 5.23 for .NET C#.
I need to find a way to programmatically browse through my plc nodes.
I couldn’t find any documentation for that, do u have any example code for that?
Would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds