Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA Browse Control Server Discovery Timeout

More
31 Jul 2017 10:17 #5392 by support
The timeout can be configured to a different value (it is in UADiscoveryParameters.DiscoveryTimeout, in milliseconds). Note, however, that lower timeout brings a risk that a discovery would time out even if it otherwise would be successful. We originally had 5 seconds as a default, but found it too short in practice.

There are currently no plans to allow the user code to cancel a discovery that it in progress ("externally"), if that is what you had in mind (and I am not sure where you have read that ?).

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 15:32 #5372 by AdamBOD
I'm using the UA Browse Control but the timeout for the server discovery is too long, since the browse control launches on a secondary form, if I close it before the timeout it cause the main form to hang for 15 seconds.

I've read that this was a planned update but I couldn't find any documentation for it, just wondering if this is still planned?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds