Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

browsing your public server

More
10 Mar 2016 09:53 - 10 Mar 2016 10:03 #3916 by support
Replied by support on topic browsing your public server
The (lower level) NodeID you are trying to browse does not seem right. For example, using the demo application and selecting the "Boilers" node, I can see that its NodeId is

nsu=http://opcfoundation.org/UA/Boiler/;ns=4;i=1240

You can omit either the "nsu" or "ns", as they both describe the namespace, so the following two should work as well:

ns=4;i=1240
nsu=http://opcfoundation.org/UA/Boiler/;i=1240

The server can use integer, string, GUID or opaque ID. In this case, at least for the Boiler node, it is an integer Id. This is dictated by the server, and the client must adapt to it. In your example, the namespace index is incorrect (2 instead of 4), and you use a string Id instead of integer Id.

If you are trying to do something like recursive browsing, simply take the NodeId (or better, the whole NodeDescriptor) from the returned browse element. Your code does not have to do with it anything, in such case. In other scenarios, it is true that you might have a requirement to "assemble" the NodeIds from their parts programmatically. In such case, you need to know what they should be - and that knowledge is specific to the server or its configuration, therefore there is no general advice as to how that should be done.

Also, have a look at what browse paths are (see the Concepts doc) - in some cases they are the right solution.

Best regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 10:03 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2016 01:54 #3915 by giles
I'm trying to browse opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer

I'm getting as far as

Server
Data
MemoryBuffers
Boilers

however I can't then browse in those folders

so I might do

nodes = client.BrowseObjects(server, $"ns=2;s={resourcePath}");

where resource Path = Boilers

but am not getting anything..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds