Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Missing Machine.config file

More
09 Sep 2015 05:59 #3556 by williamholdin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2015 12:53 #2999 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Missing Machine.config file
Oh, i got it. The license manage revealed that the license was not present. i reloaded it and now it seemsto work.

More
24 Mar 2015 12:51 #2998 by support
Replied by support on topic Missing Machine.config file
Thank you.

Which version of our software are you using?

If you are not running on a trial license on purpose, then you should not normally be getting this error. The OPC UA licensing is common with OPC DA and OPC A&E.

Do you see the license installed when you run the License Manager utility?

More
24 Mar 2015 12:46 #2996 by Dirk
We bought QuickOPC Ultimate Site Licence With ONe year Maintenance. Our company is Codisys. I'll look up the license if you want.

More
24 Mar 2015 12:42 #2994 by support
Which version of our software are you using?

Are you running on a trial license, or do you own a commercial license?

More
24 Mar 2015 12:36 #2993 by Dirk
Hi again,

I was able to solve to problem. I'm Using Simatic Net SOFTNET-IE S7 Lean V12+SP2.
Some problems related to UA server Missing information Machine.Config file.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation ServiceModelReg –i

Then for some reason the Server ran on port 4845 instead of 4840. I changed SCoreS7.Xml and restarted OPC servers. Now i can browse but :

As you can see in the attachment i now get a warning about licenses not being ok. Before i have been working with DA. is UA a seperate license ?

Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2015 17:20 #2964 by support
At this point I am not sure how we can help. You do not specify which OPC UA server you have in mind. QuickOPC is a client product only. If your question relates to the sample UA server distributed with QuickOPC, let me know. This server, including its installation, is, however, produced by OPC Foundation and we have no control over it.

More
17 Mar 2015 16:23 - 17 Mar 2015 16:23 #2960 by Dirk
Gentlemen,

For some reason i can't use UA server because machine.config file is missing. I have searched the internet but i don't see how i can create a valid file. I have the .net frameworks on my computer. Some help would be highly appreciated.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 16:23 by Dirk.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds