Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Is There a Way to Create a Permanent Certificate

More
07 Mar 2022 15:04 #10708 by johndoe1234
I appreciate the clarification but with that all in mind, where is the generated ticket stored? With this I mean what is the filepath of the newly created certificate? Obviously I understand that the filepath would vary per device but as far as the path within the QuickOPC folder, where would I find it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2022 20:04 #10679 by support
Hello.

While there were some less important changes, the principle of QuickOPC operations with regard to client instance certificate has always been the same, in all versions:

- By default, QuickOPC attempt to find its auto-generated certificate, and if it finds it, it uses. If it does not find it, it create one.
- You can place your own certificate into the cert store, and as long as it has the proper identifier (subject name), it will be used instead.
- And, there are way to influence the certificate id (subject name), in case you need that.

So I do not see what the problem is, when you refer to older & newer versions.
But still, if for any reason you need an older version, they are here: kb.opclabs.com/Versions .
Also it's not clear what you mean by "permanent certificate stored indefinitely in a folder". All X.509 certificates have "Not valid after" date. QuickOPC does not remove expired certificates.

Best regards

More
01 Mar 2022 19:26 #10678 by johndoe1234
Hello!
I apologize if this question is rudimentary or incorrectly formatted but I am an intern at a company working on a diagnostics software that was created about 4 years ago and has been untouched in the last 3 years. With all this in mind my employer has a perception of how the program worked when it was originally built but since than I believe that QuickOPC has changed from having a concrete certificate stashed in a folder to having an auto-generating certificate. My question, as state in the title, is: is there a way to generate a permanent certificate stored indefinitely in a folder or if there is not that capability in the current version of QuickOPC, is there a way to easily install an older version so that I can once again use this functionality? Thanks for any potential answers and please feel free to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer them to the fullest of my ability.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds