Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Authentication with X509 certificate

More
01 Mar 2022 16:33 #10675 by support
Hello.

The file you specify needs to contain both private and public key (.PFX file, most likely).

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: federica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2022 07:05 #10669 by federica
Can you let me know where should I specify the "Private Key" parameter?
I find no way to specify this.

Thanks

More
28 Feb 2022 17:29 #10667 by support
Hello.

Assuming that you have the Isolated property on the EasyUAClient object set to 'true', then yes, this is the right place. The chosen user identity will influence all connections made by that EasyUAInstance.

There is, however, also a UserIdentity object on each UAEndpointDescriptor. It can override whatever is set in the session parameters. So, at least in scenarious, it is more logical to leave the UserIdentity in the session parameter unmodified (empty), and set the UserIdentity on the endpoint descriptor instead.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: federica

More
28 Feb 2022 15:32 #10662 by federica
Hi,
I'm using QuickOPC COM, developing in C++.

I need to authenticate to an OPC-UA server using certificates.

In UaExpert I need to specify "Certificate" and "Private Key".

How can I specify this parameters using QuickOPC library?

I think I have found how to specify "Certificate" parameter.
_EasyUAAdaptableParametersPtr  IsolatedParameters = m_clientUAPtr->GetIsolatedParameters();
_UASmartSessionParametersPtr SessionParms = IsolatedParameters->GetSessionParameters();
SessionParms->UserIdentity->X509CertificateTokenInfo->FileName = certificateParam;
Is it correct?

Thanks
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds