Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Use of already existing certificate ends up generating new certificate

More
24 Nov 2021 14:12 #10391 by support
I think you have misunderstood the documentation. You cannot first have the application auto-generate the certificate, then specify the name and expect it to match.
The same application name needs to be used when the certificate is auto-generated, and when it is just searched for.

So, the expected workflow is to:
1. Change the code to specify the intended ApplicationName.
2. Let the code run to auto-generate the certificate
3. Subsequent runs of the code should find it.

You cannot switch the order of Step 1 a and Step 2.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alvar Ljungfjär

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2021 13:51 #10390 by Alvar Ljungfjär
Hello,

I have encountered a problem where I am trying to connect my ua client to my opc server. I have already got a certificate which is trusted and according to this documentation I only need to specify the client name and the certificate will be found and used. However when I set the application name like this in the code:
EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationManifest.ApplicationName = [my_application]
a new client certificate is created with the same name and the same beginning of the uri but which ends with
:1.0.0.0:neutral:null

I want to use my already existing certificate, how can I achieve this?

Best regards
/Alvar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds