Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

ReadvalueList error

More
28 Dec 2021 08:59 #10511 by info@software2000.it
I tried your suggestion but to no avail.

I added
ReadArgumentCk.ReadParameters.MaximumAge = 0
When I go to assign the variable xxxx = resultCheck.value
the error of "function, argument value, type or count is invalid" returns to me inexorably

I also tried to do a single node reading with this code

oClient = CREATEOBJECT ("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient")
MESSAGEBOX (oPCUA.ReadValue ("opc.tcp: //10.0.0.205: 48010", "nsu = urn: Exor: OPCUAServer: JMobile; ns = 2; s = Tags.Application / GVL / Data_Exchange_Scada / Put_Data_PiecesCounter")

but the same mistake always comes back to me.

In the attached screen shoots you can see how with the DEMO application I correctly read the value of the node,
I don't understand what it can be
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2021 08:24 #10510 by support
Replied by support on topic ReadvalueList error
Please try to instruct the server to read from device. Read about it here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...s%20of%20OPC%20UA%20Nodes.html .

Basically, set ReadParameters.MaximumAge to zero in ReadArguments object you are passing in to the Read call.

Best regards

More
27 Dec 2021 17:51 #10509 by info@software2000.it
Yes I checked with the DEMO-UA app coming with the installation of Quickopc and all it's ok with this app, I don't understand what is the problem :-(

More
27 Dec 2021 17:47 #10508 by support
It looks like that the server is actually returning a null value for that node. So everything might be OK inside the client side/component.

Have you checked with some other OPC UA client?

Regards

More
27 Dec 2021 14:15 #10507 by info@software2000.it
In the Attachement yiu Can see that the object valueresultcheck count prooerty is set to 1 but the item is (none) and nthe value property of resultcheck is (none) too
Attachments:

More
27 Dec 2021 11:53 #10506 by info@software2000.it
I tried .Value and .value but not workoing too, see the attachement, the property Succeeded is True but no oher prorperty show
????
Attachments:

More
23 Dec 2021 19:41 - 23 Dec 2021 19:41 #10504 by support
I understand. It really looks like that .Value does not exist in that object. But it should.

I know it's weird, but please try .value instead (small first letter). If that works, I will explain what has happened, afterwards.

Best regards
Last edit: 23 Dec 2021 19:41 by support.

More
23 Dec 2021 13:36 #10502 by info@software2000.it
If I print to screen vartype(resultCheck) the value is 'O' (object) and it0s correct because reslutChe k is an Object, but if I print to the screen vartype(resultCheck.Value) it return an error , exactly Function argument value, type or count is invalid , it seem that the .Value doesn't exist

More
23 Dec 2021 13:10 #10501 by support
There is a Value property. I would expect the problem to be rather in the variable type. Have you tried declaring it as Variant?

Regards

More
23 Dec 2021 12:07 #10500 by info@software2000.it
Thanks,
the language is Microsfot Visual Foxpro, the variable 'valore' is used in a statement and foxpro if not decalred assign the type as the value assigned to it, but I try to declare the variable valore as String, as number, but no change , same error as not declared.
It seem that ther's no Value property in the object I think, but I don't understand why Exeption is empty , error is empty and succeeded is true; ther's some other property Can I check?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds