Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Read Tags each n seconds

More
11 Feb 2020 07:18 #8218 by support
Replied by support on topic Read Tags each n seconds
The answer is:
- Yes if the SourceTimestamp has changed (this is normally the case)
- Not to my knowledge, if the source timestamp has not changed.

You need to use "data change filter" and specify a triggering mode that is different form the default.

In principle, the code will be like the example here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e%20nodes%20with%20filter.html

except that you will use UADataChangeTrigger.StatusValueTimestamp.

Note that it is not necessary to use this approach just to "assure yourself" that the value is still coming from the server and has not changed. OPC UA and QuickOPC have enough mechanisms to assure that you either get the changed value, or an error indication.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2020 23:51 #8217 by alr1976
Hi!

it possible to Subscribe many tags and have value also if tags value is not changed?

For example i have 2000 tags and i need to have values for each 1 second also if value is not changed.

I can t use readmultiplevalues because i need some values for each 0.5 seconds and other values for each 3000 seconds and so on.

Br,Alessandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds