Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Bug to write on kepware opc ua gateway. Tested with your opc ua demo

More
10 Aug 2017 06:54 #5436 by support
Do I understand it right that it appears to be a problem/problems in older Kepware servers, and there is no need to further investigate on our side?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2017 20:10 #5435 by alr1976
Tested on kepware 5.15 and i have bad subscription
Tested on kepware 5.20 same problem
Tested on kepware 5.24 same problem
Tested on kepware 6.02 it seem that works

More
09 Aug 2017 12:54 #5434 by support
Actually, after thinking it over, you proposal might be better, especially if in order to reproduce the issue a specific target OPC server (to which the Kepware server is connected) is needed.

If you simply follow the steps that you described in the beginning of this forum topic, then it *might* be enough just to capture the Wireshark log and send it to us. The enhanced logging etc. would be useful too, but it is possible that just Wireshark would be sufficent.

The instructions for all these troubleshooting procedures are here: kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting .

Regards

More
09 Aug 2017 07:54 #5433 by support
I have hoped they would actually analyze the problem, and not just reject it outright.

In that case I would rather first try to reproduce it myself here and analyze. Can you send me you Kepware configuration, and/or any other file needed to set it up?

Regards

More
09 Aug 2017 07:01 #5432 by alr1976
I have contacted kepware and said that doesn't have any problem. Other clients works also if do in different things but opclabs no. So can you send me your opc UA demo with extended logs so I can send results?

More
08 Aug 2017 12:49 #5431 by support
Actually, the word "crash" isn't used in this sense. That's why I asked about it, because I suspected that you are not describing the observed behavior well, and I needed to understand the nature of the problem. "Crash" is normally used for situations when the application unexpectedly terminates.

We test with KEPServerEx from time to time. But normally not with specific drivers (just the simulation), and we have not tested with the OPC UA driver.

I still suggest that you first contact Kepware about this, because it is far more likely the issue is on their side. The fact that other clients work does not have much significance, because different clients do different things.

Can you also please elaborate on what you have meant by "subscribe go in bad ". What specific message are you receiving?

More
08 Aug 2017 12:01 #5430 by alr1976
Crash means that subscribe doesn t works anymore and I need close kepware server and restart it.
Have you tested kepware opc UA driver?

More
08 Aug 2017 11:25 #5429 by support
I am absolutely willing to help you out and resolve issues that are on our side, but you need to give me the information I need. Without that, it cannot be done.

Can you please describe the symptoms of your problem in detail. I have already asked you twice what do you mean by "crash". I received no answer. You can take screenshots and post them here, if words are not enough.

Regards

More
08 Aug 2017 10:35 #5428 by alr1976
Ok I understand that your engine doesn t works with Kepware opc ua client driver.
Problem to write tag... sometimes subscribe stop to working and so on...

More
08 Aug 2017 09:50 #5427 by support
I need to understand first what you are reporting. Only then can I decide about the proper way to handle it.

What do you mean by "crash"? A specific error box/message from the app? If so, please provide details (minimum: what is the error text).

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds