Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA Client with VB6

More
18 Jan 2016 16:05 - 18 Jan 2016 16:05 #3785 by support
Replied by support on topic UA Client with VB6
I can confirm that QuickOPC 5.35.442.1 has a problem in the VB6 UADocExamples.

There are more issues, but one of them is that it is necessary to remove the parentheses around the arguments of WriteValue and similar calls (Sub-s that have no return value).

Best regards
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 16:05 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 13:32 #3778 by support
UA Client with VB6 was created by support
I have a VB6 application I am trying your UA Client with. [...]. I have the read functions working, but each time I try the write function it fails with "Expected Function or Variable". I have the lines of code copied from your examples provided with the demo download and just changed the OPC reference. I don't know why this doesn't work?

The actual line of code is:
Dim Client as EasyUAClient

Client.writevalue("opc.tcp://WIN-895:55105","nsu=SYM:;s=S7-1200 station_1.PLC1.OPC_Data.Cylinder1 Pressure Setpoint",12)

The OPC reference works for the read functions OK

Regards

A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds