Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Licensing Failure

More
23 Mar 2021 08:33 #9540 by support
Replied by support on topic Licensing Failure
Hello.

Obviously I could not reproduce it. I have reviewed the code and found that not all error conditions are properly reported. So, most likely something is going wrong, but the LMConsole does not show what.

Thanksfully, the debug version of LMConsole should at least send the diagnostics output to the debugger. I would therefore like to ask you/the customer to do the following:

1. Download and use the Debug build of LMConsole. It is attached (zipped) to this forum post.

2. Download DebugView utility from Windows Sysinternals: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview . Unzip it.

3. Before starting LMConsole, start the Dbgview.exe.

4. Do the LMConsole operations outlined in your previous posts. There should be debug output from the LMConsole to be seen in Dbgview window. Hopefulyl there will be the error codes that I need.

5. In Dbgview, do File -> Save as, and save the output to a text file.

6. Post the output file here, or otherwise provide it to me.

Other available workarounds for this problem:
- If in .NET, embed the license key into a managed resource inside the project.
- Export .REG file with the license values from the registry, and then import them using REGEDIT as part of the installation process.

Thank you, and best regards.

File Attachment:

File Name: LMConsole.zip
File Size:252 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 19:49 #9537 by ZParham
Licensing Failure was created by ZParham
Hello!

I have a customer who has been running into some issues with licensing some runtime machines. This does not occur on every installation, and we have not yet discovered a common thread between all failed installations.

The license is installed manually after the program has been installed, using the following command:
lmconsole --component
QuickOPC --install Key-Permanent-WebForm-1955326904-20180209.bin

The command responds:
Successfully installed.

We have confirmed that the license file is correct and that the command is issued from the folder where it resides, but when the program runs, it reports an error that there is no valid license.

He then runs the command:

lmconsole --component QuickOPC –query

There is no response.

Command Prompt is always run as admin.

He also checked the registry, and the licensing folder is not created under Local Machine/software.

Versions Tried: 2020.1, 2020.2, 2020.3, 2021.1

Operating Systems he has seen this occur on: Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019

As a work around, he installs the production installer and applies the license through the License Manager Console, but he would like to avoid this if at all possible.

As always, thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds