Obviously I could not reproduce it. I have reviewed the code and found that not all error conditions are properly reported. So, most likely something is going wrong, but the LMConsole does not show what.
Thanksfully, the debug version of LMConsole should at least send the diagnostics output to the debugger. I would therefore like to ask you/the customer to do the following:
1. Download and use the Debug build of LMConsole. It is attached (zipped) to this forum post.
2. Download DebugView utility from Windows Sysinternals: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview
. Unzip it.
3. Before starting LMConsole, start the Dbgview.exe.
4. Do the LMConsole operations outlined in your previous posts. There should be debug output from the LMConsole to be seen in Dbgview window. Hopefulyl there will be the error codes that I need.
5. In Dbgview, do File -> Save as, and save the output to a text file.
6. Post the output file here, or otherwise provide it to me.
Other available workarounds for this problem:
- If in .NET, embed the license key into a managed resource inside the project.
- Export .REG file with the license values from the registry, and then import them using REGEDIT as part of the installation process.
Thank you, and best regards.