Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OLE Error 80131534 when creating TEasyUAClientConfiguration

More
31 Mar 2022 07:07 #10762 by support
Hello.
(Note: I preferred to run the "full" installer but select the custom / production install only, for start; you did the "Full installation which is a larger gun).

Anyway, I hoped to find some hidden problem in the first installer log (Production), or a difference from the second run. But unfortunately, I have not found it.
So unless if we find conditions under which this can be reproduced, I do not think I can progress further. I am glad it works now.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkahlert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2022 12:02 #10759 by jkahlert
After uninstalling QuickOPC Production and installing QuickOPC again from QuickOPC-2021.2-Windows-Full.exe with installation type 'Full installation' our driver works again!! Attached both log files (#1: Installation of QuickOPC Production from within our INNO Setup -> OLE errors as mentioned, #2: Installation of QuickOPC Full -> No more errors).
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2022 15:26 #10758 by support
Hello,
thank you for all the additional details.

It almost looks like that something went wrong during the installation of the QuickOPC components, although there were no errors.
We could try to troubleshoot further, but before that, can you simply try to reinstall QuickOPC (same version) - and, I would recommend doing so using the "full" installation package (but possibly selecting just the production installation).

And, just in case there is something suspicious in it, please try to collect the setup logs - both from your original setup, and from this new one: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...bleshooting%20the%20Setup.html .

Best regards

More
29 Mar 2022 10:58 #10757 by jkahlert
2. Update:
Pressing the 'Read', 'Write' or 'Subscribe' button results in an OLE error (see attachment).
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2022 09:12 #10756 by jkahlert
Update:
I compiled the EasyOpcUADemo program for Object Pascal delivered with your setup and started it on the problematical PC. When trying to browse the servers or variables the attached error messages appear.
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2022 07:39 #10755 by jkahlert
Hello,

thank you for your fast response! To answer your questions:

1. The EasyUAClientConfiguration is the first object used in our driver, so I can't say if other objects used later would cause the same error (but I think so). If it would be helpful I could write a short test program to clarify this.

2. Our driver including QuickOPC was re-installed on the same PC without uninstalling the previous installation before. We are installing QuickOPC from within our INNO Setup with

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\QuickOPC-2021.2-Windows-Production.exe"; Parameters: "/VERYSILENT /TYPE=productioncom /LicenseFile=QuickOPCLicense.bin";

3. Absolutely sure (see attached screenshot). Version 2021.2 is the version we bought a license for, I never used a newer version.

Best regards
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2022 18:35 #10754 by support
Hello,

I have some questions.

1. Do you know if other QuickOPC UA-related objects can be created, or is this the only one that has problems?
2. When you say "re-installed", do you mean that it was reinstalled on the same computer where it has worked before, or do you mean an installation on a new computer?
3. Also, are you sure that what you have installed as last was really version 2021.2, and not a different (newer) version?
The reason I am asking is because 2021.2 was the last version in which this object was called EasyUAClientConfiguration; in nwer versions it is EasyUAClientManagement.

Best regards

More
28 Mar 2022 11:10 #10753 by jkahlert
Our driver based on QuickOPC 2021.2 worked well until the driver (including QuickOPC 2021.2 Production) was re-installed. Now an OLE Error 80131534 including the class ID for CLASS_EasyUAClientConfiguration appears if a TEasyUAClientConfiguration object is created under Delphi 10.4 and Windows 10 (see attached screenshot). I checked the Windows registry for missing class specifications but everything seems to be o.k.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds