Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Packaging Python application using pythonnet

More
20 Feb 2024 17:47 #12576 by support
Examples for OPC client and subscriber development in Python are now on GitHub: github.com/OPCLabs/Examples-QuickOPC-Python .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2023 13:29 #12391 by support
Note: QuickOPC now supports Python in much better way, cleaner syntax, and public packages (pypi.org/project/opclabs-quickopc/) on Python Package Index . See What's new in QuickOPC 2023.2 for more information. And, over 270 examples are available in the User's Guide!

More
23 Mar 2021 19:28 #9546 by support
Hello.

Just a note, be careful with assessing whether registering the license works. It rarely gives a direct error. Instead, it will simply silently fall back to the trial license. So, you really need to check the resulting serial number (which you are probably already doing).

Second, I am not sure how you actually did that in pythonnet? C# or VB.NET are compiled, so the license key gets embedded into your assembly produced by the compiler (and in runtime, you refer to it e.g. by GetExecutingAssembly).

Is pythonnet an interpreter? If so, into which assembly did you put the license key?

The trial key for experimenting with license key registration - the one you are mentioning - is installed with QuickOPC. There is e.g. one under ExamplesNet\CSharp\VS2019\Console\UADocExamples\Licensing\Key-DemoOrTrial-WebForm-1999003494-20180611.bin .

The system does not technically distinguish between developer and runtime key. When you purchase a commercial license, you will get just one license key. It is your responsibility to use the license key in accordance with to the license terms.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: mozesa

More
23 Mar 2021 12:46 #9544 by mozesa
Hello!

I try to utilize the Managed Resource License Store.

The example from the documentation, works or at least doesn't produce any error message.

Warning: Spoiler!

Somehow would it be possible to provide me some trial UADocExamples.Licensing.Key-DemoOrTrial-WebForm-1999003494-20180611.bin key by which I can test the RegisterManagedResource method.

Plus one additional question, Single Developer + Runtime Free License - I understand that only one developer, but how the "system" knows that the registered key belongs to the developer vs. deployed software? Using the same key.

Thanks for your help in advance.

More
23 Mar 2021 11:29 #9543 by mozesa
Thank you!

Btw, I noticed that in the guide:

Newtonsoft.Json, Opc.Ua.*.dll, OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll, OpcLabs.OpcUANodeset:

Newtonsoft.Json, OpcLabs.OpcUANodeset files missing the dll extensions.

More
23 Mar 2021 06:54 #9539 by support
Hello.

The files from Assemblies\net47\Design need not and should not be deployed.

Good catch - I will update the documentation for the next version to make this clear explicitly.

Best regards

More
22 Mar 2021 19:41 #9536 by mozesa
Thanks!

Is the folder '\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2021.1\Assemblies\net47\Design' (with its content) necessary at all?

More
22 Mar 2021 16:15 #9533 by support
Yes, the files from that directory should be enough (+ do the licensing).

You do not need to run the installer.

You do not need the .XML files. The User's Guide says "...you can simply install all .DLL files from Assemblies\net47 ...".

Best regards

More
22 Mar 2021 16:10 #9531 by mozesa
Hello!

I would like to ask for your kind help.

I would like to deploy the application.
I use clr and not win32com.client.

Currently the app uses the assemblies from path: c:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2021.1\Assemblies\net47

If I pack all the files inside the aforementioned directory, will it be enough?
I mean do I need any installation process of QuickOPC-2021.1-Windows-Full.exe?

For licensing I would like to use the LMConsole Utility.

I found the guide in which it is described that I can delete some of the assemblies. Besides the .dll, is it OK to delete the .xml files as well?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds