Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Does Kepware opc ua server or any other opc ua server support Throttling

More
03 May 2023 09:50 #11721 by support
I understand. Unfortunately I am not aware of such feature in Kepware or other servers - but it might there, you need to check with them.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: p_s_k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2023 09:48 #11720 by p_s_k
Hi thank you for your response. I am sorry i didn't realise this is Quickopc-ua's forum. I will try to explain my question briefly. I want to use a OPC UA Server which can set a limit to amount of data it consumes. Basically i want to add a rate limit to my opc ua server. Basic meaning, no matter at what rate the client sends data, i want my OPC UA server to accept data at a specific rate. Does Quickopc ua server provides this feature ? Let me know if my question is still not clear. Thanks and regards.

More
03 May 2023 09:40 #11719 by support
Hello.
This forum is for QuickOPC client toolkit, so your question does not really belong here.

But, it is also not clear what it is you are asking for. If you are asking for throttling on the level OPC UA communication, I am not aware of such feature in OPC UA specifications (or, can you point to a specific provision in the specs for it)? Thus, I think that clients and/or servers can "throttle" in their own (vendor-specific) ways, if they decide to. I am not aware of servers that do so, but I have not looked into it in much detail.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: p_s_k

More
03 May 2023 08:18 #11718 by p_s_k
I have recently come across opc ua servers and i want to know whether Kepware or any other OPC ua servers support Throttling. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds