Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quick OPC V3: Topic Read Complete in V5

More
08 Jun 2012 09:26 #885 by support
S.,
I apologize for the delay in answering this.

Yes, you are looking in the right direction, it is in EasyDAClient.Timeouts, but some timeout parameters have been merged into one in V5. For reading, use this one: www.opclabs.com/onlinedocs/QuickOpcClassic/5.12/Reference/Qu...84b-ca0c-e9a3-cd2269bd3668.htm .

The utility for editing the parameters works for the COM component. In Version 3, the COM component was always used, since the .NET interface was a layer on top of it.
In Version 5, the .NET component is completely separate. The utility (EasyOPC-DA Options) still exists in Version 5, but is only installed if you choose QuickOPC-COM, and only affects the COM component.
It would be possible to re-create something similar for QuickOPC.NET again, it is on my list, but it is not done yet.
If you have placed the EasyDAClient component onto a designer surface in Visual Studio (by dragging from a ToolBox), its properties (including timeouts) should be editable in the Properties window , albeit not as comfortable as with the utility.

Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:06 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject:

Hello Zbynek!

We wonder what’s the oposite version of QuickOPC V3 parameter: “Topic Read Complete” in V5.
It seems that EasyDAClient.Timeout contains some timeout properties. Is this the timeout parameters I should alter?

In V3 there was a wonderful software where you can edit all QuickOPC parameters. Has this software been removed from V5?

S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds