Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Read or subscribe? (with "trigger" tags)

More
16 Mar 2012 09:44 #799 by support
Hello.

I think that with such low number of items, you can stay subscribed permanently.

In similar scenarios in the past, however, our users have usually combined the subscriptions (to monitor the “trigger” tags) and “one-shot” reads (ReadItem, ReadMultipleItems) performed only when the trigger condition has been satisfied. This seems to conform more with the underlying logic. But you may have other reasons to subscribe to all items.

Regards

Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:14 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Re: OPC.net question

Zbynek

[.....]. Considering that I only need to monitor around 30 values, does it matter if I subscribe to all values permanently or is it better practice to unsubscribe when some of them are not required? The reason I ask is that some of the variables are Boolean status bits and in reality I only need to read the analogue values when the booleans are true.
Regards

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds