Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscribtion timeout

More
09 Jul 2011 05:08 #409 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Subscribtion timeout
I should also note that the trial version of the component stops delivering valid data after 30 minutes of running; re-starting the host process gives valid data again. In this case, the trial runtime expiration will be indicated by an error or exception returned; in case of event notifications, they will still come when the data change, but the data will not be present and the Exception property of "event arguments" object will be filled in. The exception description contains a text that explains what has happened.
Are you checking the Exception property inside your event handler?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2011 04:53 #408 by support
First thing is to try to determine whether the problem is specific to QuickOPC client. In order to help with this, I refer to a suggestion mentioned in the previous post:
Have you tried the same with other OPC client? Simply connect it and keep running....
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
05 Jul 2011 16:02 #407 by Realworld
Replied by Realworld on topic Re: Subscribtion timeout
We've this problem with a Simatic OPC Server/Windows 2003 server. We have a test counter which is subscribed (increases every second). The problem is after a period of time the event isn't triggered anymore. What can we do to get rid of this problem? Is there any logging we could turn on? How is it possible to check if the "Subscribe" command was successful? (sometimes it seems that even the first event after the subscription isn't triggered)
Thank you for your suggestions.

More
17 Jun 2011 11:35 #406 by support
There is no timeout. In fact it's the opposite of it - the component tries to renew the subscription even if e.g. the server goes down.
Have you tried the same with other OPC client? Simply connect it and keep running for days.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

• Peter Siegel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jun 2011 08:09 #405 by Peter Siegel
Subscribtion timeout was created by Peter Siegel
Is there some kind of timeout for subscribed items?
I subscribe for many Items, and need to stay subscribed as long as my Program is running. Sometimes after 2-3 Days, i do not get events anymore. When i subscribe again it it works. Is there some kind of timeout for a subscribtion. What can i do?
thanks
Peter

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds