Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscribe Problem

• Peter Siegel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 May 2011 15:20 #383 by Peter Siegel
Replied by Peter Siegel on topic Re: Subscribe ProblemI
Hi!
I tried using SubscribeMultipleItems, but it is the same. It works best if i increase the delay, but it becomes unbearable now ~ 30 minutes is way too much for 5000 Items.
I also noticed that sometimes the Subscribe Command itself seems to hang for a while. But eventually it recovers / or aborts and continues.
Is there a way to check if the Subscribeitem method completed successfully?
thanks
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2011 07:37 #381 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Subscribe ProblemI
Hello. Right now I cannot tell where the problem is. I will set up something similar here, with Simulation OPC Server, and let you know.
As general note, with larger number of items, it is suggested that SubscribeMultipleItems is used in place of multiple SubscribeItem calls.

• Peter Siegel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 May 2011 14:39 #376 by Peter Siegel
Replied by Peter Siegel on topic Re: Subscribe ProblemI
I'm still testing but it seems to work when i use a delay of 100ms after each subscribeItem Command.
I'll need to get it to work without the delay, and i'm not sure if 100 ms is enough if i try this on a slower machine.
Peter

• Peter Siegel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 May 2011 14:31 #375 by Peter Siegel
Subscribe Problem was created by Peter Siegel
Hi!
When I register for approx. 1000 Items, i recieve an initial update for each Item immediately after the subscription. (And updates when the value is changed of course).
But when i'm registering for approx. 5000 Items on an Simatic net opc server. i only get initial updates from some of them.
Is there some kind of queue which runs full?
I already tried raising the LinkCallbackQueueSize to 10000 the DefaultEventqueueSize and the TopicLruSizes...
thanks Peter

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds