Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

omron opc reading and writing variables

More
29 Nov 2022 14:04 #11265 by support
I apologize. I just found that the enhanced diagnostics will only be in version 2022.2 which is not released yet, but will come out in probably less than a week.

What I was looking for was the datatype the server reports about that variable. Without having to wait for version 2022.2, can you run a small program similar to opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...d%20DataType%20attributes.html (change it t your server, and to the one NodeID you are dealing with - you do not need three variables as in the example). Notice that the program asks for the value of the UAAttributeId.DataType attribute and not the the default UAAttributeId.Value attribute.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2022 13:43 #11264 by Fietta
i did it but, but the text error ook similar:

OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80740000' occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA' and with depth of 1. The inner OPC-UA service exception with service result 'BadTypeMismatch' contains details about the problem. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTypeMismatch}. The value supplied for the attribute is not of the same type as the attribute's value.
+ The attribute Id used was 'Value'.
+ The node descriptor used was: NodeId="nsu=http://Rxx5/UA ;ns=4;i=1168".
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'WriteMultiple[1]'.
--- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAWriteValueArguments writeValueArguments)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value, Type valueType)
in OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value)

More
29 Nov 2022 13:35 #11263 by support
You just install the new version, make sure your project references the assemblies that come from the new version, and rebuild the project.

More
29 Nov 2022 13:34 #11262 by support
I have asked you about the Connectivity Explorer, but that is also the version of the QuickOPC library you are using.
So what I meant was to upgrade the library, primarily.

More
29 Nov 2022 13:06 #11261 by Fietta
but the error code is displayed by Visual Studio, not by the Connectivity Explorer

More
29 Nov 2022 12:49 #11260 by Fietta
is there an update tool? or should i download the new version from the site?

More
29 Nov 2022 12:45 #11259 by support
Thank you. Can you use 2022.1 instead?

More
29 Nov 2022 12:42 #11258 by Fietta
version 2021.3 (5.62.1032.1)

More
29 Nov 2022 11:22 #11257 by support
Hello. Thanks for more details.

The error message looks like from some older product version. In recent versions, we have enhanced it to contain more information needed to troubleshoot this kind of problem.

Which version are you using? (Help -> About)

Regards

More
29 Nov 2022 11:04 #11256 by Fietta
One variable is missspelled, but in the program it is correct

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds