Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

ReadMultipleItemValues provides out of order values

More
20 Apr 2022 13:15 #10815 by support
Hello, thank you for the input.

You are correct, for most part. As we have made the fix, we analyzed where it could occur, and when it was introduced. The same problem was present before version 5.63, but that was only in parts of code that were rarely used (such as OPC UA Complex Data). Also, it is indeterministic because it has to do with parallelization for speed - and would probably go away if you set the process to use just 1 CPU.

In version 5.63.121.2, however, the same "problematic code" was used in an area that is much more commonly executed.
It is now fixed.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2022 11:36 #10814 by nadia.dimitrova@novelis.com
Hello,

I just want to add to this conversation that the problem with ReadMultipleItemValues must have been introduced with the latest version 5.63.121.2. When I reverted to DLLs OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic and BaseLib version 5.60.136.1 the problem went away. I am working with 2 OPC servers Kepware.KEPServerEX.V6 and iba.ibaPdaOPC.1 and had no problems before I updated to the latest version.

Regards,
Nadia

More
20 Apr 2022 06:35 #10813 by support
Hello.

I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it.
This is a serious issue so I have made a new build (version 2022.1): You will need build 5.63.162.1 or later. I will send you an email with download info.

Thank you for reporting the issue
Best regards

More
19 Apr 2022 17:22 #10812 by ZParham
Hello,

Attached is a modified version of the project that uses user-definable instead of ramping values.

Best,
Zachary
Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2022 17:12 #10811 by support
Hello.

I am not that experienced with the TOP Server.
When I loaded your configuration, I get all 4 tags incrementing by themselves quickly. In order to reproduce your issue, I will probably need to stop that and write in my own values. How can I stop the auto-increment?

Thank you

More
19 Apr 2022 15:26 #10810 by ZParham
Hello,

I apologize for not seeing your response sooner.

Attached is the TOP Server configuration I used.

Thank you!
Zachary Parham
Attachments:

More
13 Apr 2022 17:04 #10809 by support
Hello,

can you also provide me with the server configuration file?

Thank you

More
13 Apr 2022 14:23 - 13 Apr 2022 14:23 #10806 by ZParham
Hello!

A customer reached out to us with an issue she is having with an application she is creating. According to the documentation, the element positions (indices) in the output array (ValueResult) are the same as in the input array (DAItemDescriptor).

However, sometimes, the ValueResult.Value provided for the index is instead a value for another element. I have attached images showing this behavior.

I was able to recreate this behavior with a test application. I have attached the VS2019 solution to this post.

She tested with KEPServerEX 6.10, and I tested with TOP Server 6.11.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can provide!

Thank you in advance,
Zachary Parham
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Apr 2022 14:23 by ZParham.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds