Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error when subscribing multiple items

More
19 Nov 2020 07:19 #9195 by support
Hello.

For QuickOPC 2020.2, when targeting .NET Framework, the supported operating systems are:
  • Windows 10 (x86 or x64) version 1709 or later
  • Windows Server 2012 (x64)
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
  • Windows Server 2016 (x64), including Core
  • Windows Server 2019 (x64), including Core
This list is in the User's Guide for version 2020.2, and on the Versions page I pointed to earlier.
So yes, for "Client" operating systems, it is only Windows 10. QuickOPC 2019.1 which I think you have been using so far also included "Windows 7 (x86 or x64) with SP1". We usually do not support operating systems which their vendor (Microsoft) no longer generally supports.

If you are using the same license key then the registry keys stay the same.
I am not aware of other changes that would be needed.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2020 23:28 #9194 by janderscu
Ok, great. I downloaded and checking out now. It does look like now the new assemblies will ONLY work on Windows 10 correct? That is fine, just wanted to make sure.

So as for deployment, a couple questions. In the past I have included the necessary assemblies (OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll, OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll, OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll) in my custom installer package and then installed registry entries for the license info to the user PC. For this upgrade, I plan to just replace those 3 assemblies with new 2020.2 assemblies. Do I need to update the Registry info since the current license we have covers this version? Anything else required?

Thanks again.

More
18 Nov 2020 21:19 #9193 by support
I have checked your license and you have free upgrades for all versions released until October 2024, so you are all set in this respect. You can download it from here: www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads . Make sure you reference the newly installed assemblies and rebuild.

When we release a new version, it is always tested, and the test includes the latest supported Windows version (which is usually the latest currently available). So, it works well at that point in time. But, it has happened several times in the past, that Microsoft releases a new Windows update (version) that breaks something, and that "something" was frequently related to the BoxedApp SDK. So the library vendors then update their BoxedApp SDK, and at next opportunity we update QuickOPC with that newer SDK, and it fixes the problem. Ideally we would like to get rid of this dependence, but it serves a good purpose in our software - when it works. And when it does not, then comes the need of disabling it.

For upgrade from 2019.1 I do not expect any code changes, or very minor ones. If you run into any issues, we are here to help. The list of changes for each version is here: kb.opclabs.com/Versions (clicking in the column "Key Changes - What's New" leads to detailed pages).

Best regards

More
18 Nov 2020 20:07 #9191 by janderscu
Ok, thank you for clarifying. Could I get a version to try to make sure it resolves this issue before we purchase? Or is it a free update?

Also, do you anticipate any other changes to the code (as shown below) to update to this latest release? Would this update eliminate the need for the boxed disabling parameters in the exe.config file?

More
18 Nov 2020 19:57 #9190 by support
Hello,

the information available to me, at the current date, is that nobody that is using QuickOPC 2020.2 Build 451.1+ is having these problems, on any Windows 10 version. But one must take into account that it is quite a new build (2 weeks old now), so the number of active users is probably very low. I cannot tell with higher certainty, because of this. We should also be releasing version 2020.3 in December, which will be the same in this respect (BoxedApp SDK version used).

Best regards

More
18 Nov 2020 17:16 #9185 by janderscu
correction to last post ... I meant to refer to updating QuickOPC API 2020.2 build 451.1

More
18 Nov 2020 17:13 #9184 by janderscu
Ok, so an update from my side ... It looks like other team members have been updating to Windows 10 and at this point downgrading to older versions of Win 10 (pre 2004) isnt an option for us. What's weird is that I do have one machine with Windows 10 Version 1903 (Build 18362.356) circa 2019 that isn't seeing this problem.

But honestly, with the nature of how we deploy teams to different test sites, controlling a specific version of WIndows 10 will be tough in some cases. If you are saying that just updating the API to 2020.3 is the cure-all in all cases, looks like I will need to do that. Is that correct? Is the latest API a surefire fix for all versions of WIndows 10?

More
16 Nov 2020 19:19 - 16 Nov 2020 19:19 #9154 by support
No, I mean older. It is Windows 10 version 2004 and later that broke these things.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 19:19 by support.

More
16 Nov 2020 19:07 #9153 by janderscu
I did check the app config file and does look like the disabling the prereq boxing has already been disabled as described in the link. I think that may have already been done for a past issue.

So at this point, it looks like we should update Win 10 to latest or update Quick OPC. You say use Windows 10 "older" than version 2004 but do you actually mean a later version? such as more current? We have a 2019 version we could use. I would rather start with a Windows update if that will correct the problem, and only update the API if necessary.

More
16 Nov 2020 18:16 #9152 by support
Hello.

You need to either
1) use Windows 10 older than version 2004 (what you have is version 2004), or
2) upgrade to QuickOPC 2020.2 build 451.1 or later, or
3) try to work around using the technique described here: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds