Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Slowly reading or timeout exception

More
14 Jan 2020 20:08 #8134 by support
Hello,

the behavior you described seems to point in the same direction: The issue is in DCOM permissions, and more specifically, in the "reverse" direction: from the server to the client. This explains why getting properties works, because it does not use the reverse channel. What should also work, as a workaround, is a Read while disabling the asynchronous method (as you have done in the past) plus all the settings I described in my #8098 (from Dec 19, 2019).

For the DCOM permissions themselves, please have another look at the default DCOM permissions on the client side. And, have you tried the combinations of settings I described in my previous post (#8111, from Dec 29, 2019)?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 14:08 #8132 by denis
Hi,
I had some investigation and got next result:
1. When I used client.GetPropertyValue() for read value - all good and value read successfully.
2. When I used client.ReadItem - has error: "An OPC operation failure with error code -2147024891 (0x80070005) occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient' and with depth of 1. The inner exception contains details about the problem. UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.+ The client method called was 'ReadMultipleItems'"

May you have some advice for me in this case.

Thanks.

More
29 Dec 2019 08:53 #8111 by support
Dear Sir,

unfortunately there isn't much I can advise at this state. I was hoping that with the OPC Analyzer, we would be able to see the flow of messages and determine what's wrong. But since the symptoms changed with OPC Analyzer in between (this sometimes happens), we are back to point zero.

Assuming that local connection works OK, problems that only appear on remote connections are almost always due to DCOM settings, or proxy/stub installation (OPC Redistributables). So, I can only advise "tinkering" with these. QuickOPC is somewhat different from many other clients in that it's in .NET, and the settings that works with native applications may differ.

You could also try assigning different combinations to following static properties - in the code, before the very first OPC operation is attempted; can be done just once in process run:
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity

[TurnOffCallSecurity only has any influence when UseCustomSecurity == true.]

I am sorry I can only offer "wild guesses", but that's all I have.

Regards

More
24 Dec 2019 06:12 #8108 by denis
Hello,
Yes, with OPC Analyzer Matrikon Explorer and OPCLab .Net clients behavior has changed.

I see that both clients has the same error: 0x80040202.
How can I fix that?

Thanks!

More
22 Dec 2019 20:36 #8105 by support
Hello,
thanks for the report.

So, do I understand it correctly that with the OPC Analyzer, the behavior has changed, with both clients?
That would be unfortunate, as it would mostly preclude us from actually getting useful info from the OPC Analyzer, but it happens sometimes.

Regards

More
22 Dec 2019 20:34 #8104 by support
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 2:35 PM
To: Z.
Subject: Re: OPC Analyzer link

Hello,
Thanks for you help.

My result:
OPCclient_trace.tra - trace for OPCLab .Net client. Data read through OPC Analyzer get very quickly.
MatrikonOPCExplorer.tra - trace for Matrikon OPC Explorer

OPC Server is x86, Client side is 64 bit.

During added tag in Matrikon OPC Explorer getting error:
OpcTestLab.OpcAnalyzer.1 caused COM/OPC error 0x80040202 on IConnectionPoint.Advise()
GetErrorString() on IOPCServer not implemented or could not resolve error string!
Error string: Could not resolve OPC error code
Additional: Could not establish data callback connection on group ''
Interface address is 0x00DB249C
Vendor detail: Matrikon Inc +1-780-945-4011 www.matrikonopc.com
Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2019 06:48 #8102 by support
Hello,

see:
- kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting
- kb.opclabs.com/How_to_use_OPC_Analyzer

I will send you a download link to the email address you have used to register with the forums.

Remember to capture the smallest example possible (only minimum amount of items/time required).
It would be beneficial to also have the capture from the client that you claim works well (Matrikon Explorer).
Regards

More
19 Dec 2019 07:36 #8100 by denis
Thanks for response.

This parameters does not help.
Please, help me with OPC Analyzer. What tool I can use for diagnostic problem?

More
19 Dec 2019 07:04 #8098 by support
Hello,

please try this (at the beginning of the program - before any OPC operation are made):
            EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SlowdownWeight = 0.0f;
            EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SpeedupWeight = 0.0f;
            var target = new EasyDAClient();
            target.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.ReadAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;
            target.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.WriteAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;

If that does not help, I'd suggest to use OPC Analyzer (we can help with that) to figure out what precisely goes on between the client and the server.

Best regards

More
19 Dec 2019 06:35 #8096 by denis
Hi,

I trying connection to Matrikon OPC Simulation (remote server) using QuickOPC-Classic in .NET and have some trouble:
1. Time for read tag value about 1 min (with ReadMultipleItems function, client.InstanceParameters.Mode.AllowAsynchronousMethod = false;).
2. Sometimes application getting error with timeout.

At the same time, Matrikon OPC Explorer read data very quickly.

How can I optimize .NET library?

Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds