Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Writing Value, timestamp, quality for OPC DA 2.05A

More
19 Dec 2016 18:19 #4662 by support
What you have written is all correct.

Unfortunately, OPC DA 2.0x does not offer a way to write the quality, and consequently if your server support OPC DA 2.0x but not OPC DA 3.0, you cannot write the quality to it using QuickOPC - and you won't be able to do it with any other OPC client through standard OPC interfaces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2016 16:58 #4661 by michiel_tukker
Hi,

I'm using QuickOPC to send data to an opc da 2.05A server. My application is in C# and is using Quick OPC 5.40.
I wanted to use: OperationResult[] WriteMultipleItems(DAItemVtqArguments[] argumentsArray) because it allows me to set the timestamp (not that important) and quality (this one is important). However, when running the application I get an exception:

An OPC operation failure with error code -1073442808 (0xC0049008) occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient'. The inner exception contains details about the problem.
No read item or write item function available. The OPC server does not contain a function that can satisfy the combination of requirements (execution method and data source). For example, there is no way to read asynchronously from the OPC Cache if the server only supports OPC-DA 2.0. Also, you cannot write a value-quality-timestamp triple using OPC-DA 1.0 or 2.0.

I found another post on this forum where it was mentioned that WriteMultipleItemValues should be used for OPC DA 2.0, because WriteMultipleItems is only supported for OPC DA 3.0 specification.

Is it possible to write value and data quality for OPC DA 2.05A and how can I do this using QuickOPC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds