Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202 while reading and subscriping.

More
22 May 2015 15:45 #3163 by support
If you cannot go to .NET 4.5, but need to stay with .NET 3.5 or 4.0, then the latest QuickOPC version that supports it is version 5.23. Just installing a different version does not influence the app - it needs to be rebuilt.

If you decide to use version 5.23 and don't have it at hand, let me know here and I will send you the download link by email, because it is no longer publicly available. We are also no longer committed to support 5.23; we only support the versions for .NET 4.5+. Each version has a built-in trial license, but for production use, from 5.12 it would be a paid license upgrade.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 May 2015 09:07 #3161 by saravana48
1) The applications on the other machines also uses QuickOPC Classic5.12.
2) Two applications running in Windows server 2008 machine and other applications in Windows 7 machine. The error raises from the Windows 7 machine.

I will compare the DCOM configuration.

Will the .NET 3.5 application compiled using QuickOPC classic 5.12 run in the client machine installed with QuickOPC 5.3?

More
22 May 2015 08:45 #3160 by support
Are the other applications on other machines also implemented using QuickOPC, or something else? If they are using QuickOPC, then I think there must be some difference in the DCOM settings on the 6th machine. In such case, start DCOMCNFG and compare everything carefully - especially the Default settings for the machine, and the Limits. Also, do the machines have the same version of Windows, or different?

Try experimenting with certain settings: www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...-remote-machines-via-code#1392

Note that the QuickOPC version you have is quite old, that may be a factor as well.

Best regards

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 May 2015 11:01 - 20 May 2015 11:02 #3157 by saravana48
Thanks for quick response.

I haven't run under VisualStudio, it run as Standalone application in production machine.

I have reviewed the link, but it was not my case, because I haven't update the TOP server.
Moreover, the TOP server is connected with 6 client application from 6 machines. I got the error(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202) from the application in 6th machine, the other 5 applications are working fine without any error.

Also, the Demo Application(.NET) reads and subscribes the values without any error in 6th machine.
Last edit: 20 May 2015 11:02 by saravana48.

More
20 May 2015 10:26 #3156 by support
Hello

Have you read this?support.softwaretoolbox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/i...-try-and-connect-to-the-server.

Also, are you running your app under Visual Studio? Can you try it outside VS?

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 May 2015 10:15 - 20 May 2015 10:16 #3155 by saravana48
I have written VB.NET application to read and subscribe the OPC tag values from the remote OPC server(SWToolbox.TOPServer.V5) using QuickOPC-Classic 5.12.1308.1. The DCOM setup is configured in both client and server machine.

Code:
Dim objOPCClient As EasyDAClient

objOPCClient = New EasyDAClient
txtRead.Text = objOPCClient.ReadItemValue(txtMachineName.Text, txtServerClass.Text, txtTagName.Text)

The following error is raised while reading and subscriping the OPC tag.

ErrorMessage : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202
ErrorCode : -2147220990

Note:
1) I have tested the connection with server using Demo Application(.NET) in the client machine. It reads and subscribes the values without any error.
2) The client machine is connected using Wireless Network.
Last edit: 20 May 2015 10:16 by saravana48.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds