Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Out Of Present Range

More
14 Sep 2014 16:35 #2287 by support
Great - thank you for letting us know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2014 15:36 #2286 by neilcooley
Hi Zbynek

Just to let you know, I resolved my problem.

It was a known problem on Rockwell product side, a update and reboot cured the problem.

Thanks for your time and support.

Neil

More
11 Sep 2014 12:21 #2270 by support
I have enabled your account for access to OPC Analyzer. Please log out from this site, log in again, and then visit opclabs.com/resources/product-information/knowledge-base/category/49-restricted . If you get an empty list instead, let me know, sometimes this does not work and I will send you a direct link instead.

Ideally you would capture not only the case that does not work, but also the one that does.

Yes, it's not about the "blame". In fact, theoretically we can find a problem on our side as well, and I am always interested in recognizing them and fixing them.

Best regards

More
11 Sep 2014 09:34 #2269 by neilcooley
Hi

I am willing to try the OPC Analyzer, could you provide me with a download link.

Not about blaime, I just want to understand why the errors occurs or get a logical explanation.

Neil

More
11 Sep 2014 06:17 - 11 Sep 2014 06:18 #2268 by support
OK. If you really want to nail this down and are willing to put some effort into it, you can put an OPC Analyzer between your app and the server, and from the analysis of the actual OPC calls, we would know which way to point the "blame".

Please read the instructions www.opclabs.com/files/knowledgebase/QuickOPC/QuickOPC-1-How%20to%20use%20OPC%20Analyzer.pdf to see what is involved, and let me know if you want to go that way.

Best regards
Last edit: 11 Sep 2014 06:18 by support.

More
10 Sep 2014 20:03 #2265 by neilcooley
Replied by neilcooley on topic Out Of Present Range
Hi

I am using Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk Gateway.

There is no such server configuration.

Neil

More
10 Sep 2014 17:56 #2264 by support
Replied by support on topic Out Of Present Range
I am almost certain that this is a problem on the server side, e.g. some kind of misconfiguration. We certainly do not look at the ItemID in order to mess with the types or ranges.

Which OPC server are you using?

More
10 Sep 2014 17:43 #2263 by neilcooley
Hi Zbynek

I have a weird error and I would like some advice.

I have a variable in a PLC called OPC_To_PLC, variable type is DINT and its a array with size 10.

Basically if I try and write a value larger than 127 into the array I get an exception error, "Out Of Present Range". The PLC data type is definitely a DINT so I cannot understand why it wouldn't work.

Further to this, I created a new variable OPC_2_PLC, variable type is DINT and its array size is 10, i.e. its the same apart from the name. When writing to this variable name it works so I can only assume somehow or somewhere OPC_To_PLC is defined as a SINT.

To clarify it wasn't my code I have see the same symptons in your sample application.

I have a work around but I would ask for a sensible explanation - that's if there is one!

Neil

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds