Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Threads used for event notifications

More
26 May 2014 05:56 #1993 by support
If I understand your question well, the answer is: No, the behavior is correct. There is a separate thread that generates the event, one for each EasyDAClient object. BUT, all such event notifications are generated on the same thread. This is by design. Having one thread for each notification would mean that a "block" in the event handler could cause the number of running threads increase to infinity, and we do not want that.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2014 05:55 #1992 by support
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:28 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: SV: I found the error My self

Hi!

[...] Shouldn't each ItemChanged event come in on separate threads?

I'm testing from wpf and each ItemChanged event comes in on the same thread as previous event which is running.
Blocking the new event.

I must be doing something wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds