Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscribe to Bit property

More
09 Nov 2010 06:30 #137 by support
If what you mean is indeed a property of an OPC item, then subscribing to it is not directly possible, and it has to be done by repeatedly obtaining its value - unless the server also has a correspnding OPC item for that property; if this was the case, you would find its ItemID from BrowseProperties call, and the value of ItemId of DAPropertyElement.
If you mean subscribing to a regular OPC item that is a bit - most likely, of VT_BOOLEAN type, then subscribing to it is certainly possible, and does not differ from doing so with any other data type. There are several example for this in the Bonus Pack, also depending on the programming language and type of environment your are using (such as Windows Forms, ASP.NET ...). E.g. for WinForms in C#, following examples in the Bonus Pack contain item subscription code:

EasyOpcDaNetDemo1
HmiScreen
SubscribeToMany

If you let me know which of the above cases you are trying to resolve, and some more details (programming language, VS version, hosting environment, ItemID etc.), I can point you to right example or provide pieces of code.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2010 14:18 #136 by majin
Hi,
I am using MX.OPC server. Is is possible to receive ItemChanged events when the bit property changes? Is so how
do i implement this using EasyDAClient.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds