Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Incorrect Data Type Display

More
28 Oct 2013 18:23 #1521 by rsikes
Replied by rsikes on topic Incorrect Data Type Display
I will pass that information on to the customer. Thank you for the clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2013 18:18 #1520 by support
Replied by support on topic Incorrect Data Type Display
I do not see anything wrong - this behavior is by design. Here is one of the "OnReadComplete" notifications:

The value returned by the server is a one-dimensional array of VT_UI4. A corresponding .NET type would be an array of UInt32, but not all .NET languages can process it. Our component conforms to CLS (Common Language Specification), which allows the broadest interoperability. For this reason, the array of VT_UI4 is converted to array of Int64 before passing onto the application.

This behavior is documented in the Concepts, see Advanced Topics -> Data Types -> Data Types in OPC "Classic".

Also:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/12a7a7h3(v=vs.110).aspx#Types
Attachments:

More
28 Oct 2013 15:10 - 28 Oct 2013 17:43 #1519 by rsikes
Replied by rsikes on topic Incorrect Data Type Display
Thought I had- looks like I forgot to hit the Insert button.

Should be attached now.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2013 17:43 by support. Reason: attaching files

More
28 Oct 2013 15:04 #1518 by support
Replied by support on topic Incorrect Data Type Display
I do not see the OPC Analyzer trace - are you sure you have attached it?

More
28 Oct 2013 14:19 #1517 by rsikes
I am testing the latest version of the client with an Omron OPC Server. There is a tag in the server defined as an Unsigned Double Binary Word.

However the value that i received from your library e.Vtq.Value is an Int64[] of 2 Arrays. Example the OPC set the value as FF FF FF FF, What I received will be
Int64[0] = FF FF FF FF
Int64[1] = 00

This is the same case when I need to write a U4 value back to the OPC. I have to define Int64[].

I have attached an OPC Anlyzer trace showing the problem behavior.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds