Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

duplicate name not allowed

More
25 Oct 2013 18:15 #1516 by support
Replied by support on topic duplicate name not allowed
The error may come from the OPC AddGroup call and may mean that the client is creating OPC groups with duplicate names. But it is not. With 99% certainty, the OPC server vendor needs to fix the server. Tell them that we are passing an empty string to AddGroup as a group name, and that means that they should create their own names - unique ones.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2013 16:50 #1515 by Robert
Replied by Robert on topic duplicate name not allowed
Thanks for the reply.

The OPC Server comes from the German company "Schille" called "video management OPC"

When I change values but with an OPC client it works.

It might have a different problem?

More
25 Oct 2013 15:07 #1514 by support
Replied by support on topic duplicate name not allowed
This is generated inside the target OPC server - please contact the vendor and ask them why they return this error.

BTW, which OPC server are you connecting to?

More
25 Oct 2013 14:53 #1513 by Robert
Hello, maybe someone can help me.

I use the easyDAClient, once I write a value on an ItemID with WriteItemValue or WriteMultipleItemValues I can query more no other ItemID's via ReadItemValue or ReadMultipleItemValues.

The following is the error message "failure-1073479668 (0xC004000C): duplicate name not allowed"

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds