Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can I create groups/tags using QuickOPC.NET?

More
19 Oct 2010 12:52 #118 by support
We may struggle here with the terminology a little bit.
If you are asking about the structure of address space inside the OPC server, that is, whether you can define how the OPC server presents its available tags to the OPC clients (the OPC terms would be branches and leaves/items in the hierarchical address space), and basically configure the OPC server through the OPC, then the answer is No. And, this is not achievable through just the standard OPC interface to any OPC client: The OPC specification leaves this task to the OPC server, or proprietary interfaces.
If you are asking about runtime OPC groups (this is what OPC client uses to connect to OPC server), then the answer is Yes: QuickOPC creates runtime groups automatically as needed, and adds items to them according to how your client application wants to Read, Write, or Subscribe to value changes of these items.
I hope this helps.
Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2010 12:45 #117 by support
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:14 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: QuickOPC.NET

Hi,

Can i create groups/tags using QuickOPC.NET or is it purely a data retrieval software package?

Regards,
M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds