Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Create certificate for OPC UA Client

More
08 May 2021 07:46 #9657 by support
Why do you need it? The public part of the certificate gets transferred to the server during the communication setup. So according to what you wrote, you already have it in the Kepware server.

But, if you really want to get to your certificates, consult the documentation:

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ecurity%20(Client-Server).html

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...html#Certificate%20Stores.html

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ecurity%20(Client-Server).html

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2021 07:17 #9656 by aksenthil
Dear Team,

where I can find the certificate to share with Kepware Server.

please share with me the path of the OPC UA Client Certificate.

with regards,
senthil

More
07 May 2021 17:40 #9655 by support
Unless you have special needs, all QuickOPC-based applications generate client certificates for themselves automatically and you do not have to do anything.

More
07 May 2021 16:25 #9654 by aksenthil
Dear Team,

I am already clear from the Kepware server. My question is how to create an OPC UA Client certificate for my OPC UA Client developed using OPC Labs 2021.1

Please share with me the instruction set to generate the OPC UA Client certificate.

please try to read my subject line " Create a certificate for OPC UA Client" share with me the instruction set to generate the OPC UA Certificate as soon as possible.

with regards,
senthil

More
07 May 2021 13:56 #9653 by support
If you do not not know to operate the OPC server side, you need to consult the documentation to the server, or contact their support.

AFAIK, the Kepware server will put the client's certificate to its Rejected certificates list, and there is a command in its user interface to move a rejected certificate into Trusted certificates.

Best regards

More
07 May 2021 10:05 #9652 by aksenthil
Thanks for your reply.

The screenshot I shared with you for the information to show which application I am using.

I am using kepware server in a remote machine. I created an inbound rule and an outbound rule for the 49320 port.

The firewall is running.

In the kepware server, It was requesting a client certificate to trust the client.

Please guide me further on how to proceed to establish a connection between the easy OPC UA Client to connect with the kepware OPC UA Server at the remote machine.

Right now, I am using easyUAOPCDemo ( C# examples Visual studio) for the OPC UA Client from the OPC Labs

with regards,
senthil

More
07 May 2021 04:55 #9651 by support
Hello.

I do not understand this part of your report: "The actual reason I was not able to generate Certification for my client.".
There is nothing in the error messages that would indicate a relation to a certificate problem.

The error message means that failure happens when a TCP connection is being established to the target server. And there is no response. Usually this means a mistaken address, or that the server is not running, or is not configured to listen on the specified port, or there is a firewall in between that blocks the connection.

Best regards

More
06 May 2021 16:30 #9648 by aksenthil
Dear Team,

I am using OPC UA client 2021.1 ( 5.60.107)

On the remote machine, I had Kepware UA Server.

when I try to connect from My Desktop, I am getting the error 'remote server not responding."

The actual reason I was not able to generate Certification for my client.

Please guide me on how to create a certificate for my application and connect with Kepware OPC Server.

Is there any step-by-step document is there to communicate. Please let me know and share the same to establish Communication.

I attached the error for your observation

with regards,
senthil
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds