Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA features for Siemens S7-1500

More
23 Nov 2021 12:24 #10384 by support
Hello.

If the post was about RegisterNodes/UnregisterNodes OPC UA services: We have a prerelease version of this feature in QuickOPC now. Reply here if you are interested.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2019 06:09 #7077 by support
Hello,

such functions do not appear anywhere in OPC specifications, as far as I know, so it looks like something Siemens specific.

It remotely resembles the RegisterNodes and UnregisterNodes services in OPC UA, maybe that's what they wanted to say. If you want to learn more about these, download Part 4 of OPC UA spec from www.opcfoundation.org.

Best regards

More
11 Feb 2019 11:56 #7076 by gregkuha60
hello

I'm planning to do an integration with the built in opc server in the Siemens CPU 1516-3
So i'm reading the manual, "S7-1500, ET 200MP, ET 200SP, ET 200AL, ET 200pro Communication"
it says "..
If you access specific tags regularly (recurring access), you should use the functions "RegisteredRead" and "RegisteredWrite"
.."
Has any a clue what it means?
Thanks for any suggestion
Regards
Greg

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds