Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC-UA on Linux platform

More
29 Apr 2023 06:20 #11709 by support
OPC UA, as a communication standard, is platform independent.

QuickOPC-UA, for integrating OPC UA client functionality into .NET-based application, is supported on Linux.

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2....html#Operating%20Systems.html
- learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/install/linux?tabs=netcore2x

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2023 20:16 #11708 by Pala
Replied by Pala on topic QuickOPC-UA on Linux platform
Yes excuse me

QuickOPC-UA fir Linux server
I want to connect without to have necessary a Windows server

More
28 Apr 2023 18:07 #11706 by support
Hello,
I do not understand the question, because "COM" (Microsoft Component Object Model) can be used to

1) Communicate to the OPC server. This is the case of OPC "Classic" specifications. However, you mentioned QuickOPC-UA, and therefore OPC UA. And OPC UA is not based on COM. So in this case the question makes no sense.
2) Communicate between the OPC client toolkit, and the actual application. COM is not available on Linux so in this case the question makes no sense either.

The only theoretical possibility where COM can be used on Linux (but *not* with OPC UA) is to connect to OPC Classic servers on a network from a client on a Linux machine. That is doable because the DCOM wire protocol has been made public, and there are even some non-Microsoft implementations of it. We have no plans to support that.

Best regards

More
28 Apr 2023 14:50 #11704 by Pala

I wanted to ask if it is possible to have QuickOPC-UA in COM for Linux servers, if the answer is no I ask if its development is planned

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds