Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA interface for non-UA OPC

More
08 Dec 2021 15:56 #10444 by nemec.on
Thank you for explanation.

I am sure my application is communicating with QuickOPC via DCOM, specifically with 'OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2'. You write 'Your application, with QuickOPC'.
So you have some integration libraries?

I have issue with communication between my application and 'OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2' via DCOM on some computers becouse of windows settings. And I need make it more bullet-proof.

I inherit this application, btw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2021 15:36 #10443 by support
Replied by support on topic UA interface for non-UA OPC
Hello.
The following is certainly not correct: My application => over DCOM => QuickOPC => OPC end point

I think it is probably actually is:

Your application, with QuickOPC, acting as OPC "Classic" Client -> DCOM -> OPC "Classic" server running on remote PC.

I think that the rest of your question is based on this misconception - and, that it does not make sense once you understand what the model actually is.
QuickOPC does not "site" on the server side. It is on the client side. In your app.

Best regards

More
08 Dec 2021 15:20 #10442 by nemec.on
Thank you for answer

I try explain in another way:

We are using QuickOPC as interface between our application and OPC servers (like kepware, RS Linx or wonderware). So, communication is: My application => over DCOM => QuickOPC => OPC end point (wonderwar, kepware, RS linx). Some of OPC end point not support UA. Even it, can I communicate with QuickOPC via UA?

Sorry if question is too dump, I am OPC begginer.

More
08 Dec 2021 14:06 #10440 by support
Replied by support on topic UA interface for non-UA OPC
Hello,

I am not quite sure if I understand your question, but I think the answer is negative.
If the OPC server does not support OPC UA, you cannot communicate with it with OPC UA. And, you cannot use DCOM to carry OPC UA traffic.

Best regards

More
08 Dec 2021 12:29 #10439 by nemec.on
Hello,

We are using QuickOPC(5.2) for communicating with OPC. We communicate over DCOM. OPC not support UA. But there are some issues with DCOM communication (Windows setting is out of our control).

So my question is: Can we communicate with QuickOPC over UA and QuickOPC -> OPC communication stays over DCOM? If yes, which components from Custom instalation are required?

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds