Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Call method with NodeId as input parm

More
28 Nov 2019 07:23 #8051 by support
Hello,

I have received your email, and asked whether it is OK to continue the discussion on the forums, or whether email should be used only.
I am waiting for your reply.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 10:20 #8014 by support
I see - yes, that's what I am saying: The argument to this method is not a (NodeID of a) *type*. It is a custom *data type*, which is a completely different thing.

I have sent you my email contact to the email address you have used for registration wit the forums, for confidential parts of the conversation.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: federica

More
25 Nov 2019 09:18 #8011 by federica
Hello,

this specification comes from Bruderer specification.

They said us that the kind of interface regarding the job management is learned from euromap 83 and it is just adapted to stamping machines.
They also said that the attribute of the method "SetContinuousJobData" is of a complex data type who is defined in the type dictionary of the opc-ua interface.

If you want, I can send you (with a private message) the complete specification from the producer (Bruderer) who provide our custemer the OPC-UA server.

Thank you

Best regards,
Federica

More
22 Nov 2019 10:12 - 22 Nov 2019 10:13 #7995 by support
OK, what you are trying to do is possibly Not what you wrote. Looks like you do not want to pass a Node ID value to a method argument. It looks like you want to pass some other data type.

The tables you provided look like they come from (or are related to) the EUROMAP 83 spec.

But, the data passed to a method cannot be a UA *type* (such as the ContinuousJobInformationType). It must be a UA "data type*, which is quite different thing.
The signature of the SetContinuousJobData method makes no sense to me, in context of OPC UA, because it uses a type and not a data type. Where does that come from?

Regards
Last edit: 22 Nov 2019 10:13 by support.

More
22 Nov 2019 09:18 #7993 by federica
Hi,

using C++, I should call this OPC method:

The input parm has this definition:

Any help?
Thank you very much

Federica
Attachments:

More
22 Nov 2019 07:53 #7991 by support
Hello,

I am somewhat confused here. What is it that is not clear? Node ID is a very basic concept in OPC UA. You must already be working with node IDs practically everywhere. NodeId consists of a namespace (which as integer on the wire, for efficiency, but "logically" it is a URI), and of an identifier (integer, string, GUID or opaque). See e.g. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...tml#OPC%20UA%20Node%20IDs.html .

The only different thing here is that, at least in my understanding, you have a method that requires an input argument that is actually of type NodeId . But you still need to construct the NodeId as you would elsewhere, it is the *same* thing. So, it has properties like NamespaceIndex, NamespaceUri, StringIdentifier - pick the ones you need/have, and set them .

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...asyOpcUA~UANodeId_members.html

(Note: I do not understand at all how the table (image) you have attached relates to this issue. It does not describe anything about the NodeID).

Does this help?

Best regards

More
21 Nov 2019 17:09 #7989 by federica
Hi,

the NodeId must have some custom properties. How can I specify them?

Can you give me an example?

This is my specification:

Thank you
Federica
Attachments:

More
20 Nov 2019 12:57 #7982 by support
Hello,

this should be possible by passing in a value that is an object of type UANodeId. So you would create this object and set its properties as needed first, and then send it to the "write".

Let me know if it does not work or if you need further help with it.

Best regards

More
20 Nov 2019 12:52 #7981 by federica
Hi,

I need to call a method where the input parameter I should pass is a NodeId object for which I have to specify the properties.

How can I build this object and set the properties using C++?

Thank you

Federica
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds