Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

URL : problem in run URL path after istancing

More
25 Nov 2022 08:03 #11242 by support
Hello.

This might be due to issues we are encountering with 3rd party library (BoxedApp SDK) used in QuickOPC. The library is used to virtualize the file system, so that some other software (in this case, OPC UA Certificate Generator utility) doe snot have to be preinstalled in order to use QuickOPC.

We have seen several incompatibilities of this library, and they highly depend on the version of the library (which we keep updating with QuickOPC versions), and on the operating system version.

You should try upgrading to a newer QuickOPC version (and a newer BoxedApp SDK).

Alternatively, you can try to disable its use: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing .

If this is found to be the cause, it is also worth noting that in the upcoming QuickOPC versions (2022.2), the BoxedApp SDK library will not be used at all for OPC UA operations (it will remain in use for OPC Classic).

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHRDEI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2022 07:19 #11241 by CHRDEI
Good morning,
thank you for your fastr reply. I answer to your request below:

First please let me clarify what you are doing, because it is not fully clear to me, and ask some additional questions.

1. So, in your program, you first execute the 2nd part you listed (with the EasyUAClient), and then you execute the 1st part (with Process.Start), right?
Yes. This is the sequence

2. Which QuickOPC version are you using?
I'm using the installation "OPC Labs QuickOPC 2019.2"

3. Do I understand it correctly the "Process.Start" is supposed to start some other program which is not related to&does not have QuickOPC in it? Or is this other program that uses QuickOPC?
----"Process.Start" is called by my program. If it runs before istancing the EasyUAClient it will properly work; if I run "Process.Start" after istancing, it will bring about the program closing.

4. Have you tried enclosing the Process.Start in try/catch, and see if it throws an exception?
----For sure, but the error is not intercepted by using this statement.

Best regards

More
24 Nov 2022 18:02 #11240 by support
Hello.

First please let me clarify what you are doing, because it is not fully clear to me, and ask some additional questions.

1. So, in your program, you first execute the 2nd part you listed (with the EasyUAClient), and then you execute the 1st part (with Process.Start), right?

2. Which QuickOPC version are you using?

3. Do I understand it correctly the "Process.Start" is supposed to start some other program which is not related to&does not have QuickOPC in it? Or is this other program that uses QuickOPC?

4. Have you tried enclosing the Process.Start in try/catch, and see if it throws an exception?

Best regards

More
24 Nov 2022 16:12 #11239 by CHRDEI
Good morning,
in my application I properly run a "URL" path with success with this code:

Process.Start(new ProcessStartInfo(e.Uri.AbsoluteUri) { UseShellExecute = true });

After creating a connection with OPCUA server by istancing the EasyClient,
the same code above stops to work and closes suddenly the application (WPF with NET.framework 4.8).
It happens even after destroying all the OPCUA references.

Please, be so kind to inform me about some ideas.
Tks a lot and best regards

This is the code I use to istance the OPCUA server

private EasyUAClient _Client = null;
private UADiscoveryElementCollection _EndPoint = null;
private UAEndpointDescriptor _endPointDescriptor = null;

if (_Client == null)
_Client = new EasyUAClient();

string uriAdress = (@"opc.tcp://" + _cfgManager.ApplSettings.ServerURI + ":" + _cfgManager.ApplSettings.ServerPort.ToString()).Trim();

_endPointDescriptor = uriAdress;

_EndPoint = _Client.DiscoverLocalEndpoints(uriAdress);

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds