Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

OPCLabs version 5.35: BrowseServers() does not throw exception

More
29 Sep 2021 17:02 #10241 by support
Hello,

version upgrades generally get discount of 50% of the current license price. Please contact me at sales09 (at) opclabs.com if you want to discuss details.

Best regards
Zbynek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2021 11:08 #10239 by sachin.s.mehta@gmail.com
Hi Support,

Yes, you are right. I have used QuickOPC version 2021.2 demo version and its working on Windows 10 with latest upgrade of Microsoft.

Next question about license purchase: We have purchased on year 2016 for QuickOPC 5.35 Ultimate , single developer license. As I understood now we have to purchase a new license for QuickOPC 2021.2.

Do I receive any discount for version upgrade? If possible please provide me email address to whom I can contact.

Thanks.

More
22 May 2021 09:02 #9691 by support
Hello.
we have seen issues with QuickOPC 5.35 on Windows 10 version 2004 or later (kb.opclabs.com/Versions ). You can try the workaround described here:

kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing

If that does not help, test with a newer QuickOPC version, and consider a version upgrade.

Best regards

More
21 May 2021 11:43 - 22 May 2021 08:57 #9690 by sachin.s.mehta@gmail.com
Hello Support,

Since 2015 we are using QuickOPC5.35 with WCF based C# tool to browse and configure OPC DA server. Recently we have received a complained about our customer that application does not work on windows 10 machine.

After further investigation and with the help of below program I figure it out that BrowseServers() method from EasyDAClient failed and does not throw any exception. Windows event viewer always raised 'Application Error' (see attachment)
static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            var opcClient = new EasyDAClient();
            ServerElementCollection serverElements;

try
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Trying to browse..");
                [color=blue]serverElements = opcClient.BrowseServers(String.Empty);[/color]
            }            
			catch (Exception e)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("*** Failure: {0}", e.GetBaseException().Message);
                return;
            }

foreach (ServerElement serverElement in serverElements)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(serverElement.Description.ToString());
            }
Could you please help me how to overcome this situation?

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Sachin Mehta
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 May 2021 08:57 by support.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds