Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

Validating Quick OPC application with BAD and UNCERTAIN data server

More
05 Nov 2020 16:27 #9075 by support
You need to run the QuickOPC installer for this; download from here: www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads .
The following user(s) said Thank You: janderscu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2020 14:40 #9074 by janderscu
I have installed and using the QuickOPC .Net package which doesn't seem to include the Demo Server app .. is there a way I can get a standalone copy of this to use? Is it just an .exe or code I need to compile?

More
05 Nov 2020 06:57 #9072 by support
Hello.

For OPC DA, you can use the server that ships QuickOPC ("OPCLabs.KitServer.2"), and items like (the value in parenthesis is how often the value changes):

- Simulation.AlternatingQualityBad (10 s)
- Simulation.AlternatingQualityUncertain (10 s)

For OPC UA, I do not know.

Best regards

More
04 Nov 2020 22:43 #9071 by janderscu
I am using the QuickOPC .Net SDK to develop a client application for connecting to DA and UA servers. I would like find a way to validate performance and response of my client when reading values with quality tags of "BAD" and "UNCERTAIN". Is there a simulation server that you could recommend that would allow me to do this? I have found servers from other sources that do simulate the data stream, but only provide GOOD data. I would like to force the BAD and UNCERTAIN scenarios to help debug my client this way. Thanks for any help.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds