Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

EasyDaClient - ItemChanged - Object Reference not set to an instanc of an object

More
23 May 2020 10:18 #8501 by support
Most likely you are accessing e.Vtq but e.Vtq is null. You need to do appropriate error checks: Test whether e.Exception is null first. If it is, only then you can access e.Vtq. If e.Exception is not null, you need to deal with the error that is described in the e.Exception.

See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20the%20actual%20result_.html , and also our examples, for proper error handling code.

Then, of course, the question is, what was it that caused e.Vtq be null? If you write some proper error handling and display or log e.Exception somehow, you would know what the error was, and that would give you the chance to address it.

You are right that licensing problem is actually a likely cause. If so, you need to install the license on the runtime computer, or embed it into your application. You do not need to uninstall it from the development computer. See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2.../webframe.html#Licensing3.html .

Even if the missing license key was actually the cause of your problem, and installing it resolves the issue, you should fix the error handling code, because there are all other kinds of errors that can occur, and you r application needs to deal with that.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Math
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 May 2020 20:07 #8499 by Math
Hi,

I have a Single Developer + Runtime Free Licence. I wrote a program on my computer that use the opcDaClient. The license is installed on that computer.

When I published that program on a different computer, everything was fine, but after 40 min I have this error "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object ". (in the itemchanged event of the da on the line "e.Vtq.HasValue")

Do I need to uninstall the license from my dev computer and then install on the server? I need help...

thank you,

Mathieu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds