Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

Writing to tag failed with error code 0xC0048005

More
18 Apr 2020 08:05 #8377 by support
Hello,

I have some questions.

1. When writing to this tag, does it happen always, or only sometimes?
2. Have you used some other OPC Client to test the same thing, and if so, what were the results?
3. What is the result if you remove the last argument altogether (VarType.Bstr)?

In general, this error code is not generated by our software anywhere. It must be an error that comes from the underlying DCOM APIs, or the target OPC server.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2020 07:44 #8376 by nrsouman
Hi,

I'm getting an exception "0xC0048005 + The client method called was 'WriteMultipleItemValues'" when attempting to write to a tag using EasyDAClient.WriteItemValue. The code looks like this:

EasyDAClient.WriteItemValue("1.1.1.1", " ABB.HarmonyOPCServer", "fulllotno", "123456789",VarType.Bstr);

The string value is a lotnumber which always has the same length and is never empty. Unfortunately this doesn't always happen and when writing to our test OPC server (Kepware) this has never happened.
I can't find this exception in the documentation. Could someone explain what this exception means?

Thanks,

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds