Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PC Upgraded to 20H2 will not connect to OPC Server

More
15 Mar 2022 08:58 #10744 by support
Thanks for letting me know.

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2022 17:43 #10743 by spaxman
I tried the config file option and that seemed to work. Thank you for patience and help!

More
12 Mar 2022 11:07 #10735 by support
Hello.

I cannot be sure, but one reason can be the changes in version 2020.3: kb.opclabs.com/What%27s_new_in_QuickOPC_2020.3#OPC_Classic_2 . There were many that affected how OPC Data Access works, but in the end the behavior was designed to be mostly the same, except for pieces specifically mentioned in the article.
(also see opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...html#OPC%20DA%20Optimizer.html )

It would be worth to try re-enabling the auto-subscribing optimization. In .NET, it would be the following code:
DAOptimizerPluginParameters optimizerPluginParameters =
    client.InstanceParameters.PluginConfigurations.Find<DAOptimizerPluginParameters>();
if (!(optimizerPluginParameters is null))
    optimizerPluginParameters.EnableAutoSubscribing = true;

From COM tools (PowerBuilder), you would need to do an equivalent thing. The PluginConfigurations.Find<DAOptimizerPluginParameters>() call would be replaced by
PluginConfigurations.FindByName("DAOptimizerPluginParameters").

Have you tried to stay with your current version, and apply the configuration file workaround?

Best regards

More
11 Mar 2022 16:38 #10733 by spaxman
When I upgraded I had a few issues you may be able to help me with.
1. the opcua client seemed to work fine.
2. the opcda client does not work effectively.
it takes over 5 secs to respond data back when it is was 50 mili secs before. Why?

Now I am doing device reads. it is critiacl and requried that I get the data from the device and not from cache in the server.
it worked fine under 2019.1 but this version takes upwards of 5 secs to read. It took like 5 min more by app to start up and under the old one it was 20 secs or so.

Are thre new settings or somehting I should be doing?

More
11 Mar 2022 12:33 #10732 by support
Hello.

I recommend that you uninstall the version you have and install the new one. The "latest installed" version will end up being used anyway (not the "one with highest number"), but following this recommendation is safer.

More about this: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2....html#Version%20Isolation.html (under COM Development). I assume that PowerBuilder uses late binding, in which case it does not matter on which computer (with which version) you create the program, only the runtime computer matters.

Best regards

More
10 Mar 2022 22:11 #10730 by spaxman
Okay I will download the latest first and give it a try..
Once I download how does my app know to connect to the latest version when both versions are on a pc?

All I am doing to connect is
if gb_opc_ua then
g_opclabs.ConnectToNewObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient")
g_opclabs.Isolated = true
else
g_opclabs.ConnectToNewObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient")
end if

does it automatically find the latest version via the registry?

More
10 Mar 2022 11:40 #10722 by support
Hello.

please try the instructions here: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing .
You need the file contents listed at the bottom. And place the file alongside your EXE, and name it <yourexefilename>.exe.config.

QuickOPC version 2019.1 may have issues on Windows 10 version 20H2, see kb.opclabs.com/Versions , so it's not quite a surprise.

If the instructions above do not help, make a test with the recent QuickOPC version.

Best regards

More
09 Mar 2022 19:27 #10719 by spaxman
We are testing the 20H2 Windows Upgrade. Once we upgrade the opc client using quickopc-classic com crashes.
I am using Powebuilder 2017, and opclabs version 2019.R1. Is anyone aware of similar issues? Any suggestions.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds