Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Is there any 100 day parameter encoded to a permanent license?

More
01 May 2023 13:47 #11715 by jgonzalez
Thank you.

Your input is always helpful and appreciated. If anything else out of the ordinary pops up in this case, I will be reaching out.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2023 18:17 - 28 Apr 2023 18:18 #11707 by support
No, there is no such limitation. All commercial (paid) licenses are perpetual, i.e. they have no artificial date when they would end functioning.

The trial and evaluation licenses are limited. And it sometimes happens that users *think* they are running with the proper license, when they are not - which means it falls back to the trial license, and then the limitation kicks in. The trial license for version 5.62 (2021.3) expires 397 days after its release date (November 13, 2021).

In cases the license expires, it never just stops sending the data. There is always an error associated with it. If the user code is doing the error checking, they would see the error in such cases, and the error would them what the problem is.

We never measure time "from the deployment" for licensing purposes, we do not even keep that date anywhere, so I can rule out with 100% certainty we can actually tell what are "100 days after the initial deployment", so if they are confident this is what happens, it must be elsewhere in their system.

Regards
Last edit: 28 Apr 2023 18:18 by support.

More
28 Apr 2023 15:25 #11705 by jgonzalez
Hello,

We have a customer that is using 5.62(2021.3) recently updated from 5.23 and has support up to date.

The customer reports that their application stops receiving data from the OPC Server in two instances. Each instance happened exactly 100 days after the other. The first one happened 100 days after the initial deployment. The customer claims that their application is licensed and that restarting the application is the only way to resolve the issue.

The customer does not have any errors to share with us. We are reaching out to you to confirm that there is no 100-day parameter with licensing that could be causing this. Our assumption is that there is not, but would like to have 100% certainty.

Thank you in advance.

Please let me know if you require any further information

Best regards.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds