Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Install Site License

More
02 May 2023 04:25 #11717 by support
Replied by support on topic Install Site License
Dear Sir,

this forum is for technical issues with the product. The issue (license showing "not valid") has been explained. The remainder of it is a business issue. For that, direct further questions by email to sales09 (at) opclabs.com .

But yes, of course. What you call "old" invoice is simply an invoice that you have not yet paid. You just need to make the payment, even when it is overdue. That is fairly normal process.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2023 22:08 #11716 by dastan.zhalilov@erg.kz
So, you want to say that we can make a payment with old invoice? Right? Then you will send a permanent license file?

More
01 May 2023 11:15 #11714 by support
We have informed the buyer upfront about everything that you have listed.
The temporary license file covers the period from the purchase until the invoice is due. Customers who pay in time get their permanent license key in time.

Besides payment, no further action is necessary.

Regards

More
01 May 2023 09:43 #11713 by dastan.zhalilov@erg.kz
We thought that was real license file, so we must pay first, after that you will send a real production license file?
So why did you send a temporary license file?
Do you understand how its awfully long buying procedure in our company. You might tell us that it is temporary license, that needs a payment, after that we will send a production license.

More
01 May 2023 09:30 #11712 by dastan.zhalilov@erg.kz
If we will pay in this week, how can we get permanent license from seller?
We must organize all buying procedures from begining? Or it will be enough when we pay money with old invoice?

More
01 May 2023 08:54 #11711 by support
Hello.

This is a temporary license key whose validity ended April 16, 2023, when the invoice was due.
A permanent license key will be issued after we receive the payment.

Best regards

More
01 May 2023 07:16 #11710 by dastan.zhalilov@erg.kz
Hi support!

I have already installed license file to my laptop, but there is a status "Not Valid". Is it ok ? or not?
I attached photos from my license manager, please check and suggest. May be I should activate it using internet connection?

I have install license file using domain account that has not access to internet, just only has a Administrators priveligies. Is it enough for this operation?
Attachments:

More
13 Apr 2023 10:08 #11690 by support
Most of the restrictions the licensing scheme are not enforced technically. It is your legal responsibility to assure that the license conditions are met. In case of Site license, this means it is meant to be used on a single site (such as a plant), or by remote workers assigned to that site. Technically though, the license key works the same as any other, i.e. it simply needs to be installed on the product where you want to use QuickOPC communication abilities.

Notes:
- For simply building the software with QuickOPC (not running it, and not using the development features that require the OPC communication, such as Live Binding in design time), the license key does not have to be installed.
- On computers that will be for Runtime, you can either install the license key, OR you embed it in the application itself, in which case there will be no licensing step needed on the runtime computers. See Application Deployment in User's Guide.

Best regards

More
13 Apr 2023 09:42 #11689 by dastan.zhalilov@erg.kz
If we install Site License on each computer and run it, so what difference with other type of license? I thought that Site License will running on the server, and we (clients) will use it to develope on Visual Studio and run it on Runtime mode also without installing on the client computers.
Or you mean Site License can used with multiple clients in the same network at the same time?

More
13 Apr 2023 09:04 #11688 by support
Hello.

The licenses are not "networked". Simply install it on all computers that need it. If I understand your case well, you will install it on the Windows Server, and on your laptop as well.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds