Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC 5.2 LicenseManager

More
03 Feb 2021 19:42 #9389 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC 5.2 LicenseManager
Hello,

please send a screenshot of your License Manager on the new machine, with the license installed, to email: support09 (at) opclabs.com.

In the email, also include the serial number from the LicenseInfo.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: observer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2021 18:48 #9388 by observer
Update:

I found the license file (_______.bin), and using LicenseManager, I installed it to the new development machine.

But when I run my OPC test app, I get an exception when I try to use the client object: "COMexception: Not allowed to run by the license."

When I check the LicenseInfo SerialNumber on the client object from the VS2019 debugger, it is a test SerialNumber, and does not match the installed serial number which is shown by LicenseManager.

Why would LicenseManager see my license, but my test application not see it? How do I make QuickOPC 5.2 see my license?

Thanks!

More
03 Feb 2021 16:17 #9387 by observer

"You do not normally move QuickOPC licenses. Simply install the license on the new computer."

Thanks for the reply.

What's the [best] way to install the license?

I see at www.opclabs.com/purchase/license-types/1024-quickopc-license-types it says:

"For QuickOPC, you will receive a single license file with each purchase, and install it onto the computer(s) using a License Manager utility."

I'm coming at a project at my company where a previous developer must have received and installed this file. I'm trying to fish this old license file from emails from maybe 10 years ago, or, off of the computer he used. What does this license file name look like?

More
03 Feb 2021 08:14 #9384 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC 5.2 LicenseManager
You do not normally move QuickOPC licenses. Simply install the license on the new computer.

More
02 Feb 2021 21:12 #9381 by observer
I've been using QuickOPC 5.2 on a development PC for many years with no problem. Now, I need to move all this to another, newer and faster development machine. I can run LicenseManager on the old development PC and see we do have a license. (attached)

Is there a way I can transfer this to the newer development machine?
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds