Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

License not recognized in net core application

More
26 Dec 2020 13:10 #9319 by support
Thank you for letting me know. In fact, I do not expect much (if any) issues supporting .NET 5, when it goes strictly about the runtime behavior of the OPC parts.

What might be going to be a challenge will be the "newly written" .NET 5 parts (that were not in .NET Core 2.x-3.x) - I mean the Windows Forms and WPF, and their designer support in Visual Studio. We have features in QuickOPC (such as Live Binding) that rely on this and that we would like to continue having in .NET 5, but from what I know so far things are not that smooth in this respect.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2020 16:25 #9315 by goosvanbeek
I'm looking forward to the update, but I understand that it can take a while.
At the moment I have a running .Net 5 test application; no problems until now.

best regards,
Goos van beek.

More
23 Dec 2020 10:48 #9313 by support
Hello,
that's good, thank you for update.

Officially, however, .NET 5 is not supported though - we have not even made any tests.

.NET 5 support will probably come during 2021, but I do not have more precise date for you.

Best regards

More
23 Dec 2020 10:45 #9312 by goosvanbeek
It seems that there was a typo in my embedded managed resource test.
The license info is recognized in a .Net 5 application when i use the ResourceLicensingManagement.Instance.RegisterManagedResource method!

Best regards,
Goos van Beek.

More
23 Dec 2020 09:57 #9311 by goosvanbeek
Thanks for your reply.
Are there any expectations when .Net 5 will be supported?

Best regards,
Goos van beek.

More
23 Dec 2020 09:07 #9310 by support
Hello.

1. QuickOPC (up to the current version, 2020.3) is not supported on .NET 5. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/2020.3/User%2...me.html#dotNET%20Runtimes.html
2. License Manager only shows the licenses stored in the registry, but they are not being read if you target .NET Standard: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/2020.3/User%2.../webframe.html#Licensing3.html

Best regards

More
22 Dec 2020 17:19 - 22 Dec 2020 17:39 #9309 by goosvanbeek
Hi support,

I created a Net5.0 application using the latest OpcLabs Nuget libraries. Although I have a valid license (according to the license manager), my application doesn't recognize the license.
I also tried tried the Managed Resource License Store option, but that also failed.
See the attached screen shots.
(No issues with .Net Framework 4.8 )

Windows 10
VS2019 16.8.3
QuickOpc 5.59.492

Hope you can help me..

Best regards,
Goos van Beek.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2020 17:39 by goosvanbeek.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds