Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

LicensingException with installed license

More
23 Oct 2018 12:04 #6789 by zaglerp
Hello!

I have installed the wrong license on this system.
Since we already have a new license, I will register the new one on the system.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2018 11:59 #6788 by support
You cannot use version 5.52 with your license. The license has been issued 10/17/2014 with upgrade assurance 1 year, till 10/17/2015. But version 5.52 has been released on Feb 13, 2018, see kb.opclabs.com/Versions .

You need to revert to an older version, or purchase a version upgrade.

Best regards

More
23 Oct 2018 11:52 #6787 by zaglerp
Hi!

Thank you, my answers:

It was installed using the license manager.
I sent the serial number.
Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit

Kind regards
Peter

More
23 Oct 2018 11:23 #6785 by support
Hello,

1. How was the license installed onto the system? Using License Manager, or by some other method?
2. Please send me the serial number - email to support09 (at) opclabs.com .
3. Is it on the 32-bit or 64-bit system?

For checking the license in runtime:
// Shows how to obtain the serial number of the active license, and determine whether it is a stock demo or trial license.

using System;
using OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA;

namespace UADocExamples.Licensing
{
    class LicenseInfo
    {
        public static void SerialNumber()
        {
            // Instantiate the client object.
            var client = new EasyUAClient();

// Obtain the serial number from the license info.
            long serialNumber = (uint)client.LicenseInfo["Multipurpose.SerialNumber"];

// Display the serial number.
            Console.WriteLine("SerialNumber: {0}", serialNumber);

// Determine whether we are running as demo or trial.
            if ((1111110000 <= serialNumber) && (serialNumber <= 1111119999))
                Console.WriteLine("This is a stock demo or trial license.");
            else
                Console.WriteLine("This is not a stock demo or trial license.");
        }
    }
}

Best regards

More
23 Oct 2018 09:30 #6783 by zaglerp
On one of out testing systems we observed the situation that our client application based on QuickOPC (5.52.164.1) fails, due to a license error:

An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) occurred, originating from ''. The inner exception, of type 'OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingException', contains details about the problem.
Inner exception occurred: Not allowed to run by the license "Multipurpose". You might be using a trial license, and the version of the software you are using is obsolete. Obtain a recent version to resolve this problem.
Component name: "QuickOPC", license IDs: "Multipurpose", version number: 552, release date: 13.02.2018, trial validity: 210 days, option name: "EasyUAClient".

But LicenseManager.exe on the same system shows that our the license is valid and active.

My questions:
- What is the cause for this difference?
- How can we be sure that out applications use the license that was deployed to the system?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds